Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
NV Taittinger Brut La Francaise Champagne
(90 points) The deliciously delicate Taittinger NV Brut La Francaise L2383PK01300 is strikingly buoyant and dominated by subtle scents of yeast-tinged flowers and foliage – honeysuckle and mint immediately come to mind – that allude to its roughly one-quarter Meunier component, with a luscious matrix of lime-drenched honeydew melon and apple well-supported by discreet residual sugar leading to a sustained and refreshing finish. Hints of toasted almond and vanilla-tinged cookie dough lend a faintly confectionary cast that manages to harmonize with the dominant fruitiness and florality, while piquancy of apple and lime pit serve for counterpoint. That Taittinger’s standard-bearing cuvees (outside the U.S., the cuvee in question is called “Brut Reserve”) are relatively short on Pinot Noir by standards of that genre is obvious on tasting. Enjoy this distinctive success over the coming year. (DS) (11/2013) Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
List Price: $52.50
Quantity in Stock: 26add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- NV Gosset Brut Excellence - (92 Points) Refined and creamy, with delicate acidity that finds fine balance with the layers of poached apple and pear, lemon ...
- Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV - A blend of probably 2010 vintage 70% for the base wines and then 30% of the reserve wines blended into the cuvee, Jean Baptiste...
- 2012 Twomey Merlot Napa - Twomey Cellars Merlot is a vivacious wine that displays ideal ripeness from a uniquely cool California vintage. It has a dark g...
- NV Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve Champagne - (90 Points) "Chalky in texture and fresh, this version features a hint of smoky minerality underscoring the flavors of ripe pea...
- 2014 Two Sisters Lindsay's Vineyard Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills - The same fruit that goes into the Foley estate wines, they own close to 1/2 of the vineyards in this appellation. A beautiful b...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
1997 Vintage Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 3, 2017
“History’s lessons drowned in red wine” Children’s Crusade by Sting I’M GOING TO KEEP THIS SHORT...
Chilean Wine Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 4, 2017
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” ― Josh Stern I gue...
Magnum Party at WWWB
Sat, Aug 5, 2017
"Drinking is like pouring smiles on your brain." Chris Hardwick This is another in the series of events that we ...
Argentina Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 9, 2017
Twenty One Wines - Argentina Cuvelier Collection cuvelier Grand Vin Cuvelier Perlita malbec Diamandes Chard...
Super Syrah Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Aug 10, 2017
This tasting is part of the extensive research that we are doing here at the Wine Watch. Tonight we are testing o...
Meursault Study at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Aug 11, 2017
Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don't starve myself in an extremist way. You'...
Riesling and Syrah wine pairing night at WWWB
Sat, Aug 12, 2017
stay tuned for more info on this event.
Aubert Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 16, 2017
Aubert Wine Tasting at WWWB Wednesday, August 16th 7:30pm 2012 Aubert Chardonnay Lauren Vineyard Price:...
A Study in Paullac
Fri, Aug 18, 2017
One of Bordeaux’s top critics Hugh Johnson has said, "If one had to single out one commune of Bordeaux to head the list,...
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.