Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2011 Corliss Estates Red Blend
~~(94+ pts) Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar
(35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot and 32% Cabernet Franc)
Aromas of cassis, blueberry and licorice are lifted by exotic spices. Outstanding energy leavens the sexy sweetness of this sappy, firmly structured midweight, with intense dark fruit flavors lifted by a violet element. Taut and backward like a topnotch young claret, showing a youthfully tight grain. Finishes long and energetic, with firm but sweet tannins and strong graphite minerality. Clearly the finest vintage to date for this bottling, which will not be released until the fall of 2016 and should evolve positively through the 2020s.
Winemaking Notes: Cooler conditions throughout the 2011 growing season helped create intensely aromatic wines, with deep color and a purity of bright fruit flavors. We began harvesting our Bordeaux varietals on October 11, roughly three weeks later than usual. The fruit wash and-harvested and meticulously sorted into oak and concrete fermenters. Gentle pumping over the cap during the fermentation helped build structure and concentration into the wine. Following an extended time on skins, free-run wine was gravity drained and the skins lightly pressed into new and once used French oak barriques. The most outstanding components were selected to produce a three-varietal flagship blend that is powerful, balanced and complete, epitomizing the Corliss style.
List Price: $84.00
Quantity in Stock: 14add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- Pol Roger Rich Champagne NV - 2007 brought the release of two extensions to the Pol Roger line up; Pure and Rich. With an increased dosage,...
- 2010 Vine Cliff Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Aroma: Nuanced aromas of both red and dark fruits, with blueberries and red cherries playing a leading role. Hints of spice, ba...
- 2015 Hess Collection Chardonnay Su'skol Vineyard Napa Valley - The Su’skol Vineyard benefits from its proximity to the San Pablo and San Francisco Bays. The vineyard is named for the native ...
- 2016 Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Cuvee Napa - The first winery up on Prichard Hill, this is the Chappellet families entry level Cabernet Sauvignon blend and it does contain ...
- Paul Etienne Saint Germain Grand Cru Divine St Germain Brut Grand Cru Champagne NV - This wine is 60% Pinot Noir from the Montagne de Reims and 40% Chardonnay from the Cote des Blancs. They use 10% reserve wines...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2015 Chateau La Tour Carnet Blanc Price: $45.00 A 2.5 hectares in the Medoc mainly blended with Sauvignon Blanc, Sauv...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...