Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2011 Corliss Estates Red Blend
~~(94+ pts) Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar
(35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot and 32% Cabernet Franc)
Aromas of cassis, blueberry and licorice are lifted by exotic spices. Outstanding energy leavens the sexy sweetness of this sappy, firmly structured midweight, with intense dark fruit flavors lifted by a violet element. Taut and backward like a topnotch young claret, showing a youthfully tight grain. Finishes long and energetic, with firm but sweet tannins and strong graphite minerality. Clearly the finest vintage to date for this bottling, which will not be released until the fall of 2016 and should evolve positively through the 2020s.
Winemaking Notes: Cooler conditions throughout the 2011 growing season helped create intensely aromatic wines, with deep color and a purity of bright fruit flavors. We began harvesting our Bordeaux varietals on October 11, roughly three weeks later than usual. The fruit wash and-harvested and meticulously sorted into oak and concrete fermenters. Gentle pumping over the cap during the fermentation helped build structure and concentration into the wine. Following an extended time on skins, free-run wine was gravity drained and the skins lightly pressed into new and once used French oak barriques. The most outstanding components were selected to produce a three-varietal flagship blend that is powerful, balanced and complete, epitomizing the Corliss style.
List Price: $84.00
Quantity in Stock: 13add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- Pol Roger Rich Champagne NV - 2007 brought the release of two extensions to the Pol Roger line up; Pure and Rich. With an increased dosage,...
- 2010 Vine Cliff Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Aroma: Nuanced aromas of both red and dark fruits, with blueberries and red cherries playing a leading role. Hints of spice, ba...
- 2015 Hess Collection Chardonnay Su'skol Vineyard Napa Valley - The Su’skol Vineyard benefits from its proximity to the San Pablo and San Francisco Bays. The vineyard is named for the native ...
- 2015 Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Cuvee Napa - The first winery up on Prichard Hill, this is the Chappellet families entry level Cabernet Sauvignon blend and it does contain ...
- Paul Etienne Saint Germain Grand Cru Divine St Germain Brut Grand Cru Champagne NV - This wine is 60% Pinot Noir from the Montagne de Reims and 40% Chardonnay from the Cote des Blancs. They use 10% reserve wines...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
volker-eisele cabernet 2013 Price: $60.00 volker-eisele terzetto 2014 Price: $82.50 volker-...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
This is our annual event to showcase the latest release of Penfolds Grange the iconic Shiraz of South Australia and one o...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena Napa Vall...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...