Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2014 Domaine Pierre Gelin Fixin Clos Napoleon 1er Cru
The family owns 32 acres in total including parcels in five Fixin premier crus and the monopole of Clos Napoléon. In 1961 Pierre also purchased vineyards in Gevrey-Chambertin including the monopole Clos de Meixvelle, Clos Prieur 1er cru, and the Grand Cru Clos de Bèze.
Clos Napoléon is a 4.5 acre monopole of Domaine Pierre Gelin and is the flagship wine of the estate. This premier cru was uncultivated at the time it was purchased by Pierre Gelin in 1950. The vines are now over 60 years old. The vineyard was originally owned by Claude Noisot, the surgeon to Emperor Napoléon, and was known as Aux Cheusots. Claude rechristened the vineyard Clos Napoléon in honor of the emperor.
The old vines of Clos Napoléon yield pure, well-balanced wine with high-toned notes of cherry, earth, and wood spice, combined with depth and length on the palate. This is one of the richer, more structured wines of the Fixin appellation.
List Price: $59.00
Quantity in Stock: 48add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2013 Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne Romanee - (90 Points) Elegant and perfumed, showing black cherry, strawberry and spice flavors that linger on the finish. Best from 2017 ...
- 2015 Raventos I Blanc L'Hereu Conca Del Riu Anoia Barcelona - This is a very old house the great great grandfather helped establish Codorniu, this is a blend of the three traditional cava g...
- 2014 Antica Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - Renzo Cortarella is involved in the production, Renzo is Antinori's top gun responsible for Solaia, Tignanello, etc. This Cabe...
- 2000 Fontodi Flaccianello Tuscany - (89 Points) The 2000 Flaccianello della Pieve is this estateâ€™s prime Sangiovese. The wine is fragrant, floral, and sweet on t...
- 2008 Fontodi Vin Santo 375ml - A real treasure Vin Santo is made by many wine producers in Tuscany but most of this wine never leaves the winery. This "Holy W...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 18, 2018
This week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday August 16th – Saturday 18th Parmesan & Jalapeno Salt Dusted Shoestrin...
Chateau Montelena Vertical Tasting back to 1996
Thu, Aug 23, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardl...
Super Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 24, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman The wi...
2011 Vintage Barolo Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Aug 30, 2018
2011 G. B. Burlotto Monvigliero Barolo DOCG Price: $95.00 Your Price: $69.00 As it was in G.B.’s day, the gre...
Vintage Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch Back to 1953!
Fri, Aug 31, 2018
1953 Vosne Romanee Collection du Docteur Barolet 1983 Groffier Bonnes Mares Grand Cru
1995 Bordeaux Magnum Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 7, 2018
Music is just like wine. Each of us has very different tastes in what we like and dislike. The music that is “best” for ...
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti
Thu, Sep 13, 2018
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:30 PM ...
Los Vascos Wine Tasting with Winemaker Marcelo Gallardo at WWWB
Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event with one of Chile's top producers.
Enzo Cambria from Cottanera winery from Etna
Fri, Sep 21, 2018
Cottanera Barbazzale - DOC Sicilia Bianco 2017 89 pts VM (2016 vintage) Made fr...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Sep 22, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event