Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2011 Baron de Brane Cantenac Margaux
The name has a long history which goes back to the 18th century, a man who was crazy about wine used to own Baron Mouton also known as the Napoleon of the vineyards because of his acquisitions. Thus the current name- Brane (family name) and Cantenac (village Name). A blend of 50/50 Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, a classic Medoc blend, the 2011 vintage was a challenging year. They had a hot spring, a humid chilly summer but September saved a disastrous year and turned out some very good wines. The property consists of 75 hectares, they have four different vineyards. The 30 hectares in front of the Chateau is the best Cabernet Sauvignon and is what goes into the gold label. They have deep gravel mixed with clay providing excellent drainage. Then there is a more early maturing terroir on a hill and this is in a horse shoe shape they own 3/4 of this special hill, Palmer and Rauzan Seglau own the other parts. This vintage of Baron de Brane yielded 120,000 bottles, the wine stayed in barrel for 12 months. On the tongue this wine smooth and polished on the tongue with silky tannins a nice amount of currant and plum fruit with hints of dried herbs and tobacco spice through the finish along with light coco notes. Finish 35+ Excellent
List Price: $29.75
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2011 Chateau Marzy Pomerol - Owned by several generations of the Maison family, this vineyard covers 10 hectares and is planted among the ancient limits ...
- Jean Charles Boisset JCB No 21 Brut Cremant De Bourgogne Burgundy - A blend of 65% Chardonnay and 35% Pinot Noir, fresh apple and lemon citrus fruit on the nose white flowers and ginger spice. A ...
- 2010 Chateau Duluc 2nd Branaire Ducru St Julien - A bit of roasted coffee, fine herbs, plum and currant berry fruit, strong herbal notes here coming out also. Nice plum and cher...
- 2012 Tolaini Valdisanti IGT Toscano - Cabernet Sauvignon 75%, Sangiovese 20%, Cabernet Franc 5% Youthful, rich dark fruit, berry and cassis aromas ...
- 2012 Abadia Retuerta Seleccion Especial Sardon Del Duero - (93 Points) The entry-level red and largest volume of Abadía Retuerta, the 2012 Selección Especial, is nothing like the initial...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Argentina Versus Chile Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 17, 2018
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” ― Josh Stern I gues...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 18, 2018
This week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday August 16th – Saturday 18th Parmesan & Jalapeno Salt Dusted Shoestrin...
Chateau Montelena Vertical Tasting back to 1996
Thu, Aug 23, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardl...
Super Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 24, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman The wi...
1995 Bordeaux Magnum Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 7, 2018
Music is just like wine. Each of us has very different tastes in what we like and dislike. The music that is “best” for ...
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti
Thu, Sep 13, 2018
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:30 PM ...
Los Vascos Wine Tasting with Winemaker Marcelo Gallardo at WWWB
Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event with one of Chile's top producers.
Enzo Cambria from Cottanera winery from Etna
Fri, Sep 21, 2018
Cottanera Barbazzale - DOC Sicilia Bianco 2017 89 pts VM (2016 vintage) Made fr...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Sep 22, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Louis Jadot Burgundy tasting with Managing Director Olivier Masmondet
Wed, Sep 26, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this great Burgundy wine tasting event.