Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2010 Chateau Cote De Baleau Saint Emilion
CLASSIFICATION OF CRU
Saint Emilion Grand Cru
- Date created -since 1643
- Surface -8 hectares
- Soils -clay and limestone
- Grapes -Merlot 70%, Cabernet Franc 15%, Cabernet Sauvignon 15%
- Average age of the vines -35 years
- Types of tanks -stainless steel + thermoregulation. "Malo" barrels
- Breeding - 50% new barrels wine barrels 1 50%
- Average annual production - Hectolitres/40 300 000 bottles
(91 Points) The wine displays lots of rich berry fruit, some licorice, cedar, underbrush, and incense. It is medium to full-bodied, up-front and forward, and quite drinkable despite the fact that it is less than three years of age. It should drink well for 12-15 years. One of the strongest efforts from proprietor Sophie Fourcade in a number of years, the 2010 is a blend of 70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon from a 33-acre vineyard that was upgraded in the 2012 new classification of the wines of St.-Emilion. The Wine Advocate
List Price: $39.00
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
- 2010 Gerard Bertrand Chateau L'Hospitalet La Clape Coteaux Du Languedoc - A blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre, this is a very rustic wine with a good amount of barnyard character to the nose, fres...
- 2012 Jonata Todos Red - (93 Points) A great wine, the 2012 Todos Proprietary Red Wine offers terrific notes of black and red raspberry fruits, toasted...
- 2013 Gazin Rocquencourt Blanc Pessac Leognan - Gravelly mineral notes lemon and white grapefruit green melon and hints of onion skin and sea mist. This wine seemed light and...
- 2011 Craggy Range Te Kahu Hawkes Bay - A blend of predominatley 69% Merlot with 9% Cabernet Franc, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Malbec blend. A bordeaux like bouquet...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2015 Chateau La Tour Carnet Blanc Price: $45.00 A 2.5 hectares in the Medoc mainly blended with Sauvignon Blanc, Sauv...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...