Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2010 Chateau Cote De Baleau Saint Emilion
CLASSIFICATION OF CRU
Saint Emilion Grand Cru
- Date created -since 1643
- Surface -8 hectares
- Soils -clay and limestone
- Grapes -Merlot 70%, Cabernet Franc 15%, Cabernet Sauvignon 15%
- Average age of the vines -35 years
- Types of tanks -stainless steel + thermoregulation. "Malo" barrels
- Breeding - 50% new barrels wine barrels 1 50%
- Average annual production - Hectolitres/40 300 000 bottles
(91 Points) The wine displays lots of rich berry fruit, some licorice, cedar, underbrush, and incense. It is medium to full-bodied, up-front and forward, and quite drinkable despite the fact that it is less than three years of age. It should drink well for 12-15 years. One of the strongest efforts from proprietor Sophie Fourcade in a number of years, the 2010 is a blend of 70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon from a 33-acre vineyard that was upgraded in the 2012 new classification of the wines of St.-Emilion. The Wine Advocate
List Price: $39.00
Quantity in Stock: 12add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2011 Zenato Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico - This wine is a blend of 80% Corvina aged in large barrel for 36 months and then 1 year in bottle a very thick and fruity wine d...
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
- 2010 Gerard Bertrand Chateau L'Hospitalet La Clape Coteaux Du Languedoc - A blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre, this is a very rustic wine with a good amount of barnyard character to the nose, fres...
- 2010 Numanthia Toro - (94 points) The 2010 Numanthia comes from a cooler vintage than the 2009 – a season when Manuel Louzada told me that he had to...
- 2012 Jonata Todos Red - (93 Points) A great wine, the 2012 Todos Proprietary Red Wine offers terrific notes of black and red raspberry fruits, toasted...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...