Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2000 Chateau Pape Clement Pessac Leognan
(95 Points) The profound 2000 (a blend of equal parts Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon) continues to put on weight. An opaque purple color is accompanied by stunning aromas of wood smoke, cocoa, black currant and cherry liqueur, coffee, scorched earth, and new oak. A wine of extraordinary concentration, elegance, and complexity, it is one of the finest Pape Clements of the last three decades, but look out ... the 2001 may be even better! Only 55% of the production made it into the final blend. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2025. Wine Advocate # 146 Apr 2003
List Price: $215.00
Quantity in Stock: 9add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 1998 Chateau Pape Clement Pessac Leognan - No tasting notes at this time. ...
- 2014 Grgich Hills Chardonnay Napa 40th Anniversary - A very ripe and forward bouquet of ripe delicious red apple and apricot fruit with notes of toasty oak spice, notes of fresh bu...
- 2005 Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers 750ml - 2005 Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers 750ml ...
- 2014 Paul Hobbs Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - A blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot. Dark crimson in color, the nose is perfumed with luxur...
- 2012 Chateau Haut Bailly Pessac Leognan - (96 points) The classic 2012 Haut-Bailly is staggeringly great wine, with a stunning bouquet of lead pencil shavings, blueberri...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!