Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2000 Chateau Mouton Rothschild Pauillac
(97 Points) The 2000 Mouton Rothschild is at its best with about 24-48 hours of decanting. A blend of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon and 14% Merlot, the wine offers a saturated ruby/purple color in addition to reticent but promising aromas of toast, coffee, licorice, creme de cassis, and roasted nuts. Dense, chewy, and backward, with tremendous purity and density in addition to obvious toasty oak, it is full-bodied, powerful, tannic, and backward. Twenty-four to 48 hours of aeration only hints at its ultimate potential. This blockbuster will be exceptionally long-lived. It is not as expressive as the other first-growth Medocs, but give it time.
As I predicted in my first report on the millennium vintage (April, 2001), Philippine de Rothschild could be expected to do something special with her presentation of 2000. She has exceeded everyone's expectations with a work of art. Those who have seen the extraordinary packaging of the 2000 Mouton Rothschild must certainly realize this is a brilliant achievement. The bottle is extraordinary, and likely to have nearly as much value empty as full! Her genius is obvious, but it's what's inside that counts!Wine Advocate # 146, Apr 2003
List Price: $2500.00
Sale Price: $1750.00
Quantity in Stock: 5add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2000 Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac - (100 Points) Well, well, well - Lafite Rothschild does it again. Ever since manager Charles Chevalier was transferred from his ...
- 1983 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St. Julien - (91 Points) This tasting consisted of each of the varietal components of Las Cases, followed by the final blend for Leoville-La...
- 2005 Faiveley Clos Vougeot Grand Cru - (92-95 pts) This too is very deftly oaked with an earthy and very ripe mix of briar, dark berry fruit and pungent underbrush ar...
- 1986 Chateau Mouton Rothschild Pauillac - (100 Points) After stumbling over some wines I thought were high class Bordeaux, I nailed this wine in one of the blind tasting...
- 1988 Chateau Climens Sauternes - (96 Points) The 1988 reveals layer upon layer of honeyed pineapple-and orange-scented and -flavored fruit, vibrant acidity, hig...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau La Nerthe Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Christophe Bristiel
Thu, Sep 21, 2017
Like a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape · I'm fine like wine when I start to rap · We need body rockin', not perfection...
Vintage California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 22, 2017
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink: Good wine - a friend - or being dry -...
Chateau Angelus and Chateau Haut Brion Collectors Cellar Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Sep 26, 2017
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you c...
Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar with Kurt Eckert at WWWB
Wed, Sep 27, 2017
Great wines taste like they come from somewhere. Lesser wines taste interchangeable; they could come from anywhere. You ...
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Sep 28, 2017
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:30 PM Bookwalter Couplet White Columbia Valley...
Artadi El Pison Vertical Tasting with Carlos Lopez de Lacalle at WWWB
Fri, Sep 29, 2017
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” – Shakespeare Tonight w...
Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of bodegas Luzon
Sat, Sep 30, 2017
Luzan and Friends Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of Bodegas Luzon Satuday Septemb...
Urbani Truffle and Prunotto Winery at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Oct 4, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Leroy versus DRC Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 5, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
California Cult Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Oct 6, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.