Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2010 Nicolas Catena Zapata Red Blend Mendoza
(95 Points) Doctor Nicolas Catena always liked Cabernet Sauvignon so the wine that carries his name has a greater percentage of the noble Bordeaux grape. The 2010 Nicolas Catena Zapata is a blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Malbec sourced from La Piramide, Domingo, Adrianna and Nicasia. The fresh and balanced 2010 produced good ripeness of the fruit but the acidity was also great and the wine finished with 6.5 grams of acidity and a natural pH of 3.5, as the grapes are selected from cold soils. The first vintage was 1997, but this has to be one of their finest. This has the intensity of the Catena Alta Cabernet and the verticality and austerity of the Adrianna Malbec. It has very good acidity and intensity, while it has some velvety tannins. For a minute I was trying to remember the varietals as the sense of place, the freshness and the earthy sensations clearly take over. A superb bottle of wine. This is a wine to age. Drink 2016-2023. Wine Advocate #212, Apr 2014
List Price: $125.00
Sale Price: $89.00
Quantity in Stock: 10add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Castello Romitorio Brunello di Montalcino - (92 points) The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino comes across as thinner than past vintages but well-balanced thanks to the high al...
- 2011 Fabre Montmayou Grand Vin - A blend of Mostly Malbec with a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from vineyards planted in 1908 in both Vistalba and Lujan ...
- 2012 Bramare Malbec “Marchiori Vineyard” Lujan de Cuyo - Totally opaque, dark violet with hints of crimson on the edge. The nose is deep and dusty, with brooding dark chocolate and cas...
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
- 2008 Terrazas Single Vineyard Las Compuertas Malbec - (93 Points) “The 2007 Afincado Malbec Single Vineyard ( planted in 1929) spent 18 months in new French oak. Purple-colored with...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
"It's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right? It's, uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you ...
Ca Del Bosco Franciacorta Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine ...
1996 Vintage Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 25, 2017
"[The senior partner] sipped [the French wine grower's Burgundy], rolled it round his tongued and swallowed it while...
Wine and Food Pairing Night the Best of the Best last night of Summer
Sat, Aug 26, 2017
Tonight we have a special pairing menu and some large bottles to celebrate the end of August 2017.
Washington State Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 30, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event
2013 Barolo Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Sep 2, 2017
This is the latest release from my favorite wine region on Earth and the 2013's are being touted as the next GREAT vintag...
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Sep 9, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
New Zealand Tasting At Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Sep 13, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Marchesi Di Barolo Dinner at WWWB with special guest Valentina Abbona
Thu, Sep 14, 2017
"Wine is dead." - Aimé Guibert Who is this person Aime Guibert and to start such a horrible rumor!! There should be ...
1997 Vintage California Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 15, 2017
1997 Barbour Cabernet Sauvignon Napa 1997 Behrens and Hitchcock Cabernet Sauvignon Cuvee Lola Napa 1997 Beaulie...