Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2010 Nicolas Catena Zapata Red Blend Mendoza
(95 Points) Doctor Nicolas Catena always liked Cabernet Sauvignon so the wine that carries his name has a greater percentage of the noble Bordeaux grape. The 2010 Nicolas Catena Zapata is a blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Malbec sourced from La Piramide, Domingo, Adrianna and Nicasia. The fresh and balanced 2010 produced good ripeness of the fruit but the acidity was also great and the wine finished with 6.5 grams of acidity and a natural pH of 3.5, as the grapes are selected from cold soils. The first vintage was 1997, but this has to be one of their finest. This has the intensity of the Catena Alta Cabernet and the verticality and austerity of the Adrianna Malbec. It has very good acidity and intensity, while it has some velvety tannins. For a minute I was trying to remember the varietals as the sense of place, the freshness and the earthy sensations clearly take over. A superb bottle of wine. This is a wine to age. Drink 2016-2023. Wine Advocate #212, Apr 2014
List Price: $125.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2011 Fabre Montmayou Grand Vin - A blend of Mostly Malbec with a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from vineyards planted in 1908 in both Vistalba and Lujan ...
- 2015 Newton Chardonnay Unfiltered Napa - Intense, pristine and concentrated. Aromas of citrus blossom,white peach, brioche, gun smoke and marzipan create wonderful dept...
- 2015 Charles Krug Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - This wine is produced from 100% Yountville fruit, 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petit Verdot, 1% Merlot and this wine has a beauti...
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
- 2008 Yacochuya Red Wine Valley of Cafayette - One of the Michel Roland projects from the northern region of Salta, this wine has a very strong bouquet of fine herbs, a bit o...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Argentina Versus Chile Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 17, 2018
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” ― Josh Stern I gues...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 18, 2018
This week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday August 16th – Saturday 18th Parmesan & Jalapeno Salt Dusted Shoestrin...
Chateau Montelena Vertical Tasting back to 1996
Thu, Aug 23, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardl...
Super Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 24, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman The wi...
1995 Bordeaux Magnum Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 7, 2018
Music is just like wine. Each of us has very different tastes in what we like and dislike. The music that is “best” for ...
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti
Thu, Sep 13, 2018
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:30 PM ...
Los Vascos Wine Tasting with Winemaker Marcelo Gallardo at WWWB
Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event with one of Chile's top producers.
Enzo Cambria from Cottanera winery from Etna
Fri, Sep 21, 2018
Cottanera Barbazzale - DOC Sicilia Bianco 2017 89 pts VM (2016 vintage) Made fr...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Sep 22, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Louis Jadot Burgundy tasting with Managing Director Olivier Masmondet
Wed, Sep 26, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this great Burgundy wine tasting event.