Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2010 Nicolas Catena Zapata Red Blend Mendoza
(95 Points) Doctor Nicolas Catena always liked Cabernet Sauvignon so the wine that carries his name has a greater percentage of the noble Bordeaux grape. The 2010 Nicolas Catena Zapata is a blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Malbec sourced from La Piramide, Domingo, Adrianna and Nicasia. The fresh and balanced 2010 produced good ripeness of the fruit but the acidity was also great and the wine finished with 6.5 grams of acidity and a natural pH of 3.5, as the grapes are selected from cold soils. The first vintage was 1997, but this has to be one of their finest. This has the intensity of the Catena Alta Cabernet and the verticality and austerity of the Adrianna Malbec. It has very good acidity and intensity, while it has some velvety tannins. For a minute I was trying to remember the varietals as the sense of place, the freshness and the earthy sensations clearly take over. A superb bottle of wine. This is a wine to age. Drink 2016-2023. Wine Advocate #212, Apr 2014
List Price: $125.00
Sale Price: $89.00
Quantity in Stock: 6add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Castello Romitorio Brunello di Montalcino - (92 points) The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino comes across as thinner than past vintages but well-balanced thanks to the high al...
- 2011 Fabre Montmayou Grand Vin - A blend of Mostly Malbec with a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from vineyards planted in 1908 in both Vistalba and Lujan ...
- 2012 Bramare Malbec “Marchiori Vineyard” Lujan de Cuyo - Totally opaque, dark violet with hints of crimson on the edge. The nose is deep and dusty, with brooding dark chocolate and cas...
- 2014 Charles Krug Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - This wine is produced from 100% Yountville fruit, 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petit Verdot, 1% Merlot and this wine has a beauti...
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau Pape Clement Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 19, 2017
"When it came to writing about wine, I did what almost everybody does - faked it" - Art Buchwald We’re no...
Joseph Phelps Insignia Vertical Bring a bottle from your cellar collectors tasting at WWWB
Fri, Oct 20, 2017
"Oh I'd be a rich man if I had all the money I owe. But to have that much, I oughta' help them sell my soul. One a...
Duck Tales Hour Tasting with a focus on the #Merlotme
Sat, Oct 21, 2017
“I like wine that sounds good and I like rock ‘n’ roll.” Michael Browne, Kosta-Browne We also like Rock and...
La Crema Versus Siduri Throwdown Tasting it's all about the dirt - Pinot Noir Terroir Challenge
Tue, Oct 24, 2017
"Drinking is like pouring smiles on your brain." Chris Hardwick At one-time Pinot Noir was thought to be the w...
Chateau Palmer Wine tasting at WWWB with Jean Louis Carbonnier
Wed, Oct 25, 2017
It’s not from Napa. I can’t tell you whether it’s a merlot or cabernet. … I can’t say because it’s a 1947 Cheval...
Aldo Conterno Barolo and White Truffle Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 26, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
My first loves:champagne, Barolo, Pomerol and Toni's cooking
Fri, Oct 27, 2017
This is our first annual "first loves" event at our new Wine Bar! An unforgettable evening - I promise!!
Sleight of Hand Tasting With Trey Bush at WWWB
Sat, Oct 28, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Private Event Wine Bar is Closed
Wed, Nov 1, 2017
stay tuned for more info on this event.
Champagne Tribaut Tasting at Wine Watch with Special Guest Sebastien Tribaut
Thu, Nov 2, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.