Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Napa
Our 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is delicious and compelling, possessing nuanced ripe fruit, complex spice, an unctuous, round mid-palate and a finish that is balanced between varietal fruit notes and tannic intensity. Cabernet sauvignon blocks planted to clones 15, 4, 6, 337, and our own Rock Arch vineyard selection were harvested between September 23rd and October 22nd and fermented in individual stainless steel vats. After gentle pressing, the wines were aged in French oak (50% new) for 19 months before being blended with 8% merlot from our Wind Whistle block and 4% petit verdot from One Acre Hill, one of the highest elevation spots on the property. The final blend expresses ripe fruit notes ranging from blackberry to plum and cassis, as well as nuances of bay laurel, chocolate, black tea, brown sugar, graphite and crushed rose petal. The texture in the mouth is definitely that of a mountain wine, with size and concentration to balance the richness and opulence of its round mid-palate.
List Price: $82.25
Quantity in Stock: 2add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Chalone Vineyard Pinot Noir Estate Chalone Appellation - A beautiful bouquet of black raspberry fruit, dark cherry, brown spices and pretty floral notes on the nose with a nice touch o...
- 2016 Far Niente Chardonnay Napa - The noble Chardonnay grape was the first varietal cultivated and bottled by Far Niente in our modern era, beginning with the 19...
- 2014 Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Signature Napa - Deep and rich, this is a classic expression of hillside Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, offering alluring aromas of boysenberry...
- 2015 Lewis Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - This 2015 Napa Cabernet is like an Aston Martin V-12" and that it is "a silky powerhouse of fruit at wide-open-throttle. Black ...
- NV Champagne Lallier Rose Grand Cru Champagne - A pretty bouquet of raspberry and strawberry fruit on the nose, this wine spends 4 years on the lees and they use the saignee m...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
The Biggest Wine Tasting of the Year Wine Watch's Best of 2017 tasting at the new WWWB
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
You don't want to miss the 35 year party that is "Best of 2017" - Trust me don't ask the price, just make your reservatio...
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton