Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2012 St Supery Cabernet Sauvignon Dollarhide Ranch Napa
Saint Supéry, a fixture on highway 29 in Rutherford for over 30 years, is today owned by the house of Chanel. The winery has quietly been making an elite Cabernet Sauvignon from their Dollarhide Ranch vineyard in Pope Valley since 1995, and 2012 is the first year they employed an optical grape-sorting machine before the grapes went into the press, improving the quality of the wine even further. This may well be the best Dollarhide they've made.
The 2012 is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, boasting a creamy, rich mouthfeel, and that legendary Rutherford dust. The color is drenched in deep, dark reds and purples. The aromas keep coming: ripe black plum, currant and blackberry, anise, espresso and toasted oak, as well as a subtle thread of crème brûlée. A rich, dense profile follows with flavors of cassis and prune, ripe black fruits and molasses, with a fine, spicy French oak influence.
List Price: $97.50
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2015 Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay Russian River Ranches - description ...
- 2012 Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Knights Valley - A selection of the best fruit from their Knights valley, there are a bit of other varietals in the blend around 3%, dark curran...
- 2011 Zenato Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico - This wine is a blend of 80% Corvina aged in large barrel for 36 months and then 1 year in bottle a very thick and fruity wine d...
- 2012 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon To Kalon Reserve - (95 Points) "An iron fist in a velvet glove, this begins with a supple, rich core of currant, black cherry, anise and sage, fir...
- 2015 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Aromatics of bing cherries, dusted, farm-ripe strawberries, red cassis and dark olive. There’s a rich, dense, dark fruit core, ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...