Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2013 Canalicchio Di Sopra Rosso Di Montalcino
(88 Points) The 2013 Rosso di Montalcino shows soft tones of red cherry, wet earth, raspberry and blanched almond. There's a great sense of tightness and energy here that you don't get with many of the other Rosso wines of this warm vintage. The wine is aged one year, in both French and Slavonian oak respectively. There's isn't much heft in the mouth, but you get just enough to pair with egg fettuccine with butter and grated Parmigiano.
To Francesco Ripaccioli the 2010 vintage is historic and offers a similar alignment of the perfect growing conditions seen in 1997. "The only difference," he says: "Is we have 13 more years of growing experience." That experience shows in 2010 and Canalicchio di Sopra is today among the most articulate narrators of the Sangiovese story. eRobertParker.com #217, Feb 2015
Wine Watch Tasting Notes: Bright red berry fruit cherry, notes of wild sage and fine herbs, raw steak and light floral notes, very pretty bouquet. Smooth and silky on the palate with fine tannins and a good amount of light red berry fruit with a clean fresh finish, light spice and earth tones. Finish 35+ Excellent
List Price: $29.75
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Valdicava Rosso Di Montalcino - This wine contains all the grapes from the estate this year, Filai Lunghi, Lago, Cipressi and Nova vineyards. Pretty red cherry...
- 2016 Hahn SLH Pinot Noir - This is 100% Pinot Noir with a good amount of dark cherry fruit four vineyard blend and there is a nice floral quality to the n...
- 2016 Uccelliera Rosso di Montalcino - 100% Sangiovese from clay and sand soils rich in minerals. This wine is made from younger Brunello di Montalcino vineyards or f...
- 2009 Canalicchio di Sopra Brunello di Montalcino - (92 points) The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino is a standout expression with long and polished notes of dried fruit and tobacco pr...
- 2012 Canalicchio di Sopra Brunello Di Montalcino - (95 Points) "Loads of balsamic aromas and flavors-juniper, rosemary, thyme, olive-along with cherry, sanguine and tobacco notes...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 18, 2018
This week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday August 16th – Saturday 18th Parmesan & Jalapeno Salt Dusted Shoestrin...
Chateau Montelena Vertical Tasting back to 1996
Thu, Aug 23, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardl...
Super Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 24, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman The wi...
2011 Vintage Barolo Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Aug 30, 2018
2011 G. B. Burlotto Monvigliero Barolo DOCG Price: $95.00 Your Price: $69.00 As it was in G.B.’s day, the gre...
Vintage Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch Back to 1953!
Fri, Aug 31, 2018
1953 Vosne Romanee Collection du Docteur Barolet 1983 Groffier Bonnes Mares Grand Cru
1995 Bordeaux Magnum Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 7, 2018
Music is just like wine. Each of us has very different tastes in what we like and dislike. The music that is “best” for ...
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti
Thu, Sep 13, 2018
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:30 PM ...
Los Vascos Wine Tasting with Winemaker Marcelo Gallardo at WWWB
Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event with one of Chile's top producers.
Enzo Cambria from Cottanera winery from Etna
Fri, Sep 21, 2018
Cottanera Barbazzale - DOC Sicilia Bianco 2017 89 pts VM (2016 vintage) Made fr...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Sep 22, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event