Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2004 Sloan Cabernet Sauvignon Napa
(98 points) The 2004 Sloan’s spectacular inky/purple/garnet color is followed by notes of high quality espresso roast, chocolate, black currants, truffles and a striking minerality. Full-bodied and super-rich with that roasted character that one finds in Cote Rotie and some of the great Haut-Brions from Pessac-Leognan, this full-bodied, rich 2004 is a super-star of the vintage. Although the tannins are elevated, they are extremely sweet and well-integrated. This spectacular 2004 is performing even better now than it did following bottling. It is also one of the more developed and evolved vintages of Sloan, no doubt because that was the nature of the 2004 vintage. Drink it now and over the next two decades.
Wine Advocate #212 Apr 2014
List Price: $375.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon - (95-98 Points) Iâ€™ll keep my notes on the 2009s brief, but as one can see, these are among the superstars of the vintage. I do...
- 2006 Sloan Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - (98 points) The 2006 is performing even better from bottle than it did from barrel. Sloan and McClellan decided to bottle it la...
- 2007 Schramsberg J Schram Brut - From the inception of our efforts in 1965, we have sought to achieve the greatest elegance and individuality possible in our sp...
- 2013 Lewis Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - We make four unique cabernets but the Napa Valley Cab is our preferred daily driver. Not a hybrid or 4-cylinder econo-box; more...
- 2016 Far Niente Chardonnay Napa - The noble Chardonnay grape was the first varietal cultivated and bottled by Far Niente in our modern era, beginning with the 19...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Paul Hobbs Portfolio Tasting to Promote our Vintner Host at the Symphony of the America's WOTW Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Oct 17, 2017
“The best wine comes from home, wherever it is.” - Kirk Douglas, in the film "Spartacus" The best wi...
Chateau La Dominique Saint Emilion Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Oct 18, 2017
"You have only so many bottles in your life, never drink a bad one." Len Evans We intend to drink every bot...
Chateau Pape Clement Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 19, 2017
"When it came to writing about wine, I did what almost everybody does - faked it" - Art Buchwald We’re no...
Joseph Phelps Insignia Vertical Bring a bottle from your cellar collectors tasting at WWWB
Fri, Oct 20, 2017
"Oh I'd be a rich man if I had all the money I owe. But to have that much, I oughta' help them sell my soul. One a...
Duck Tales Hour Tasting with a focus on the #Merlotme
Sat, Oct 21, 2017
“I like wine that sounds good and I like rock ‘n’ roll.” Michael Browne, Kosta-Browne We also like Rock and...
La Crema Wine tasting at WWWB
Tue, Oct 24, 2017
La Crema Versus Siduri Wine Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:30pm La Crema Pinot Noir Yamhill 2013 ...
Chateau Palmer Wine tasting at WWWB with Jean Louis Carbonnier
Wed, Oct 25, 2017
Jean Louis Carbonnier is our Guest from the Chateau Palmer 2009 Price: $445 Palmer 2007 Price: $285 Palmer 2...
Aldo Conterno Barolo and White Truffle Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 26, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
My first loves:champagne, Barolo, Pomerol and Toni's cooking
Fri, Oct 27, 2017
This is our first annual "first loves" event at our new Wine Bar! An unforgettable evening - I promise!!
Sleight of Hand Tasting With Trey Bush at WWWB
Sat, Oct 28, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.