Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2009 Al Cantara U Toccu Pinot Nero IGT
This wine is cultivated in a valley between the mountains Nebrodi and the volcano Etna at an altitude of 650 meters asl. The grape, Pinot Noir, of great international prestige, has adapted particularly well to the volcanic soil. The vines are cultivated using the Guyot system and the ancient system “Alberello” (“small tree”). This dual system depends on the size of the “terraces” were the vines are planted. Guyot: in the larger terraces; “Alberello”, in the smaller terraces, in order to keep the terroir intact. The grapes are harvested by hand in small baskets and de-stemmed. The grapes are collected in stainless steel tanks where fermentation takes place together with the marc (skins) at a temperature of 26-28 °C. At the end of alcoholic fermentation, approximately 9 days, the wine remains with the grape marc for about a month. The wine is then transferred in 225 litres oak barrels where it is kept for six months to age. After an additional year of aging in steel tanks, the wine is ready for bottling.?The wine is ruby red with good consistency. The nose perceives hints of red fruits, vanilla and lastly sweet notes of cocoa. In the mouth it is soft, fresh and fruity with elegant tannins.
List Price: $37.50
Quantity in Stock: 7add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2013 Canalicchio Di Sopra Rosso Di Montalcino - (88 Points) The 2013 Rosso di Montalcino shows soft tones of red cherry, wet earth, raspberry and blanched almond. There's a g...
- 2016 Hahn SLH Pinot Noir - This is 100% Pinot Noir with a good amount of dark cherry fruit four vineyard blend and there is a nice floral quality to the n...
- 2012 Al Cantara Muddichi di Suli Nerello Mascalese - This wine is a varietal of Nerello Mascalese in order to enhance the characteristics of this native grape of Etna.?The vineyard...
- 2012 Al Cantara A Nutturna Bianco IGT Terre Siciliane - Near Mount Etna on Sicily 43 hectares of estate vineyards Gewurztraminer and Carricante, all stainless steel, has some of that ...
- 2014 Bernhard Huber Pinot Noir Baden - A nice smoky character to the nose with complex all-spice and cinnamon to compliment the cherry berry fruit very complex bouque...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2017 Walnut Block Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Price: $16.00 A good amount of tropical fruit, passion fruit, kiwi, g...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...