Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2015 Steele Pinot Blanc Bien Nacido Vineyard Santa Barbara County
The Pinot Blanc grape is a colorless expression of the red Pinot Noir grape. The Pinot family have very unstable genetics and the result are the many clones of Pinot Noir, the dusky pink colored white grape called Pinot Gris and this grape the Pinot Blanc. Santa Barbara, with its maritime desert climate, provides just the right combination of characters, while preserving a crisp acidity that makes it a refreshing food wine. The grapes are sourced from Bien Nacido Vineyard outside of Santa Maria in Santa Barbara County. The vineyard block is one of the westernmost on the property, adjacent to fields of strawberries, cauliflower, and bell peppers. This end of the vineyard is a little lower in elevation, and most exposed to both fog and coastal breezes. The fruit is harvested in late September or early October, depending on the year. Yields rarely exceed three tons per acre. The soil is sandy loam, over a layer of ancient sea bed, filled with shells and fossils.
List Price: $20.25
Quantity in Stock: 15add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 White Hall Petit Verdot Montecello Virginia - A popular Bordeaux varietal that has recently gained much recognition in Virginia and has become one of our bestsellers! The gr...
- 2012 Steele Stymie Merlot Lake County - Stymie was a famous racehorse in mid-twentieth century American history. Stymie was known for never giving up the lead when he ...
- Steele Shooting Star Black Bubbles - From an idea born in the Land Down Under we proudly unveil our newest creation, Black Bubbles. Always on the lookout for someth...
- 2014 King Estate Pinot Gris Backbone - A blend of top vineyard sites in Oregon which are labled right on the front label, King Estates making us 25% of the blend here...
- 2016 Domaine Seguinot Bordet Chablis Fourchaume 1er Cru - This wine has a lovely richness to the bouquet, lemon/lime citrus, green apple fruit and that sea shell like mineral character....
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
volker-eisele cabernet 2013 Price: $60.00 volker-eisele terzetto 2014 Price: $82.50 volker-...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
This is our annual event to showcase the latest release of Penfolds Grange the iconic Shiraz of South Australia and one o...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena Napa Vall...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...