Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 Shafer Merlot Napa
2014 Shafer Merlot
Our 31st release of Merlot is a rich, racy red wine from a classic vintage with fruit sourced from the Valley's cooler southern end.
“This was a beautiful vintage for Merlot. From the first pour the wine opens an of abundance enticing aromas and mouth-coating flavors of fresh summer berries, dark plums, and strawberries, fresh herbs and flowers all presented with juicy energy, surrounded by seamlessly textured tannins that will age attractively with cellaring.”
— Shafer winemaker Elias Fernandez
“Shafer also makes one of the better Merlots. The 2014 Merlot includes 8% Cabernet Sauvignon and is a beauty. Mocha and chocolaty notes intermixed with red cherry, plum and blacker fruits jump from the glass of this perfumed and fragrant style of Merlot. It is medium to full-bodied, exceptionally pure and rich and should drink beautifully over the next 10-12 years of life.”
— Robert M. Parker, Jr., The Wine Advocate
“Expressive floral and spice notes open up first in the 2014 Merlot. Fresh, nuanced and energetic in the style of the year, the 2014 is a highly representative wine for the vintage.”
— Antonio Galloni, Vinous.com
List Price: $65.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2015 Shafer TD 9 Napa - TD-9 is a proprietary blend that celebrates a bold move. In 1973, in the space of a few months, John Shafer went from riding mo...
- 2014 Paul Hobbs Crossbarn Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Crossbarn (Napa Valley) is plump,...
- 2013 Groth Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Napa - Winery Notes: The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon is big and lush with huge gobs of fruit in the aroma and flavor. The texture of the ...
- 2014 Duckhorn Merlot Napa - The Napa Merlot has become one of the most popular wines in the line-up at Duckhorn as well as one of the highest quality Merlo...
- 2014 Mazzocco Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Dry Creek Sonoma - Enticing aromas of black cherry, red currant, and violets excite the nose while the mouth is bursting with wild blackberry, ras...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
volker-eisele cabernet 2013 Price: $60.00 volker-eisele terzetto 2014 Price: $82.50 volker-...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
This is our annual event to showcase the latest release of Penfolds Grange the iconic Shiraz of South Australia and one o...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena Napa Vall...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...