Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2013 Avignonesi Desiderio Merlot
The Desiderio Merlot is named after the white bull you see on the label. This impressive animal, weighing 1,673 kg / 3,688 lbs, lived on Avignonesi's estate Le Capezzine towards the end of the 19th century. He was, in fact, the largest bull in Cortona and was used to sire the rest of the cattle from the local breed "Chianina" in the region. The Chianina has earned its fame as the breed which gives us the delicious meat for the famous "bistecca fiorentina " (Florentine T-bone steak) and is easily recognizable due to its striking white colour. The bull Desiderio is known and recognized as one of the forefathers of the Chianina breed, together with another bull by the name of Donetto. In fact, when you savour a bistecca fiorentina today, there is a good chance you will find some Desiderio DNA in it. Avignonesi decided to honour this majestic animal by naming one of its most emblematic wines after it: the Desiderio Merlot, which, just like the bull, is full, impressive, and sensual.
List Price: $54.00
Quantity in Stock: 3add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Chateau Marjosse Rouge Bordeaux - 85% Merlot, 8%Cab Sauv, 5%cab Franc, 2% Malbec Pierre Lurton from Cheval Blanc and Yquem 90 JS ...
- 2014 Trentadue La Storia Merlot Alexander Valley - This is a fine example of the ability of this classic Bordeaux variety to make solid, tasty and age-worthy wines. The main arom...
- NV Voirin Jumel Tradition Brut Champagne - Voirin-Jumel is a Champagne recoltant-manipulant located in the Grand Cru village of Cramant. Literally meanin...
- 2013 Burn Cottage Pinot Noir Central Otago - (93 points) Deep ruby-purple the 2013 Pinot Noir has a youthfully reticent, brooding nose with hints of black berries and plums...
- 2016 Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Cuvee Napa - The first winery up on Prichard Hill, this is the Chappellet families entry level Cabernet Sauvignon blend and it does contain ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2015 Chateau La Tour Carnet Blanc Price: $45.00 A 2.5 hectares in the Medoc mainly blended with Sauvignon Blanc, Sauv...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...