Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2015 Mayacamas Chardonnay Napa
(95 Points) The 2015 Chardonnay emerges from dry-farmed, old vines on the property. In this vintage, the Chardonnay is surprisingly rich and unctuous yet it also retains its mid-weight feel. Orchard fruit, white flowers and mint, along with slightly tropical overtones, give the 2015 much of its distinctive personality. Readers who can find the 2015 should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years, as the wine needs time to shed its baby fat. Tasted again after the reds, with a good 30 minutes in the glass, the Chardonnay is flat-out gorgeous. About 80% of the wine spent time in larger foudres, which likely helped it retain a measure of freshness. Vinous
List Price: $56.75
Quantity in Stock: 11add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Foxglove Chardonnay Central Coast Paso Robles - (90 points) Made by some of the best Chardonnay winemakers in California, Jim and Bob Varner, the value-priced 2014 Chardonnayr...
- 2014 Sixto Frenchman Hills Chardonnay Walla Walla - (93 Points) Coming from volcanic soils and a north facing slope at 1,750 in elevation, the 2014 Chardonnay Frenchman Hills Vine...
- 2015 Chanin Los Alamos Vineyard Chardonnay - (93 Points) Clean Asian pear, wet gravel and lime peel aromas show on the tightly wound nose of this bottling. The palate is qu...
- 2015 Varner Chardonnay El Camino Vineyard Santa Barbara - (92 points) Despite its very reasonable price, the 2014 Chardonnay El Camino Vineyard delivers serious intensity, richness and ...
- 2013 Bethel Heights Chardonnay Estate Eola Amity - All of their wines are estate grown and family owned since 1977. A bit of a flinty mineral like character to the lemon and gree...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
Wine, Wine, Wine All hail the Grape Divine! Wine, Wine, Wine Makes everyone feel fine! ...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do You Feel ...
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardly c...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 Menu 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena N...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...