Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2013 Seven Hills Winery Ciel du Cheval Vineyards Red Mountain
This wine is our 13th vintage from the famed Ciel du Cheval Vineyard on Red Mountain, one of the oldest and most proven vineyards in the Northwest. Each varietal was picked and vinified separately, though blended very early during the winter succeeding harvest. The wine goes back to barrel for an additional year and half before bottling. We believe that this early assemblage allows for the wine to be less a composed wine of its varietal parts and more a singular representation of place.
The wine is a deep violet color, transitioning through purple to magenta around the edges. The nose is heavy and brooding, displaying fresh baked blackberry cobbler with hints of earth and spice. The palate is full and opulent, with substantial dusty, chewy tannins well integrated and sufficiently balanced with rich flavors of baked cherry, blue plums, earth and creamy oak. It is delicious now and it will improve substantially in the first few years of cellaring, aging gracefully for at least ten years.
List Price: $54.00
Quantity in Stock: 8add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2013 Seven Hills Merlot Seven Hills Vineyard Walla Walla - This wine is drawn from the original Merlot block at Seven Hills Vineyard that I planted with my father in the summer of 1982. ...
- 2013 Seven Hills Vineyard Klipsun Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Red Mountain - This is one of the great vineyard sites of Red Mountain and has that distinct earthy character almost like the Rutherford Dust ...
- 2015 Seven Hills Dry Rose of Cabernet Franc Columbia Valley - Primarily Cabernet Franc, with small amounts of Petit Verdot for additional structure and Malbec. A light and refreshing rose w...
- 2014 Condado De Haza Ribera Del Duero - 18 months minimum aging in American oak casks for the Crianza's from Fernandez and this wine has more of an herbal nose ...
- 2015 Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay Russian River Ranches - description ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Paul Hobbs Portfolio Tasting to Promote our Vintner Host at the Symphony of the America's WOTW Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Oct 17, 2017
“The best wine comes from home, wherever it is.” - Kirk Douglas, in the film "Spartacus" The best w...
Chateau La Dominique Saint Emilion Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Oct 18, 2017
"You have only so many bottles in your life, never drink a bad one." Len Evans We intend to drink every bot...
Chateau Pape Clement Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 19, 2017
"When it came to writing about wine, I did what almost everybody does - faked it" - Art Buchwald We’re no...
Joseph Phelps Insignia Vertical Bring a bottle from your cellar collectors tasting at WWWB
Fri, Oct 20, 2017
"Oh I'd be a rich man if I had all the money I owe. But to have that much, I oughta' help them sell my soul. One a...
Duck Tales Hour Tasting with a focus on the #Merlotme
Sat, Oct 21, 2017
“I like wine that sounds good and I like rock ‘n’ roll.” Michael Browne, Kosta-Browne We also like Rock and...
La Crema Wine tasting at WWWB
Tue, Oct 24, 2017
La Crema Versus Siduri Wine Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:30pm La Crema Pinot Noir Yamhill 2013 ...
Chateau Palmer Wine tasting at WWWB with Jean Louis Carbonnier
Wed, Oct 25, 2017
Jean Louis Carbonnier is our Guest from the Chateau Palmer 2009 Price: $445 Palmer 2007 Price: $285 Palmer 2...
Aldo Conterno Barolo and White Truffle Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 26, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
My first loves:champagne, Barolo, Pomerol and Toni's cooking
Fri, Oct 27, 2017
This is our first annual "first loves" event at our new Wine Bar! An unforgettable evening - I promise!!
Sleight of Hand Tasting With Trey Bush at WWWB
Sat, Oct 28, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.