Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2012 Long Shadows Chester Kidder Red Wine Columbia Valley
Allen Shoup named this wine in honor of his grandfather, Charles Chester, and his grandmother, Maggie Kidder. He selected Long Shadows' director of winemaking and viticulture, Gilles Nicault, to craft this New World blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and other classic Bordeaux varieties.
The 2012 vintage was a classic growing season, producing wines with exceptional color, richness and complexity. The season started warm; April conditions were near perfect, then temperatures cooled considerably in May and June before warming for the summer and remaining remarkably consistent throughout harvest. Small berries loaded with intense flavor matured beautifully, yielding rich flavors and ripe, integrated tannins.
Deep and dark in color, brimming with black cherry and ripe plum aromas and flavors. Hints of ground coffee, mocha and oak spice echo across the palate, adding complexity. Bold on the entry, gaining brightness across the mid-palate with layers of vibrant red fruit leading to a long and supple finish.
66% Cabernet Sauvignon
11% Petit Verdot
List Price: $60.75
Quantity in Stock: 4add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2010 Tenuta di Arceno Valadorna Toscana - This is a blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc, the winemaking is overseen by Pierre Seillan. One of the top wines made a...
- 2014 Pedestal Merlot Columbia Valley - As has been the case since Pedestal’s debut in 2003, Conner Lee Vineyards Merlot plays a dominant role in crafting a dark, rich...
- 2016 Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc Napa - Vibrant, wonderfully fresh aromas of pink grapefruit, melon and white peach introduce zesty flavors of Meyer lemon, lime, guava...
- 2014 Domaine Gonon Pouilly Fuisse - Aged for 12 months in oak, older barrels, this wine has a rich nose, brioche and a light flinty mineral notes, candied lemon an...
- 2014 Edge Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - The edge was first, then Fuse and finally Trim. this vintage is a blend with a little Petit Verdot Cabernet Franc and Merlot in...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau Angelus and Chateau Haut Brion Collectors Cellar Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Sep 26, 2017
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could ...
Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar with Kurt Eckert at WWWB
Wed, Sep 27, 2017
Great wines taste like they come from somewhere. Lesser wines taste interchangeable; they could come from anywhere. You ...
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Sep 28, 2017
"It ends with a finish that's long overdue and I think this would go well with a gun." - Brad Zimmerman, comedian...
Artadi El Pison Vertical Tasting with Carlos Lopez de Lacalle at WWWB
Fri, Sep 29, 2017
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” – Shakespeare Tonight we have a chance ...
Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of bodegas Luzon
Sat, Sep 30, 2017
"If penicillin can cure those that are ill, Spanish sherry can bring the dead back to life." - Sir Alexander Flemi...
Gaja and White Truffle tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Oct 4, 2017
"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." Lucille Ball Ther...
Leroy versus DRC Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 5, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
California Cult Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Oct 6, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Gramercy Cellars Wine Tasting with Greg Harrington at WWWB
Wed, Oct 11, 2017
Gramercy Cellars is an 8,000-case winery founded in 2005 by Master Sommelier Greg Harrington and his wife, Pam, to m...
Veuve Clicquot Champagne Tasting with winemaker Gaelle Goossens
Thu, Oct 12, 2017
Veuve Clicquot tasting with Winemaker Gaelle Goossens Thursday, October 12th 7:30pm Veuve Clicquot NV Rose Pri...