Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2005 Schrader Cabernet Sauvignon CCS Napa
(100 points) The 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon CCS (14.6% alcohol and 175 cases) is absolutely out of this world. I have given more perfect scores to this cuvée than any of the other Schrader wines. Made from Clone 4 with slight additions of Clone 6 and 337, it is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, like all these wines from the Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard. This wine has a glorious nose of licorice, cedar wood, vanillin, creme de cassis, blackberry and graphite. Super-rich and velvety, with sweet, supple tannins, an opulent full-bodied mouthfeel, and a skyscraper-like finish, this prodigious wine is drinking beautifully, and just now coming into its adolescence. It should go on for another 20-25 years. (RP) (6/2015)
List Price: $675.00
Quantity in Stock: 1add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Schrader Cabernet Sauvignon T6 Napa - (97 points) The 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon T6 Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard is another big, implosive wine bursting with dark blac...
- Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve NV - (93 Points) "A rich and toasty Champagne, with vivacious acidity backing the flavors of apple pastry and coffee, with just a to...
- 2008 Tenuta Sette Ponti Oreno Tuscany - . ...
- 2004 Fontodi Flaccianello Tuscany - (96 Points) Manetti-s 2004 Flaccianello della Pieve (100% Sangiovese aged in 100% new oak) is simply stunning. Fresh and vibran...
- 2006 Shafer Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select - (96 Points) The 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select, which was just released, is a stunningly rich effort displaying notes ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
This Week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday July 19th – Saturday July 21st White Truffle Oil & Parmesan Dusted S...
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do You Fe...
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardly c...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 Menu 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena N...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 11, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Qupe wine tasting with Special Guest Bob Lindquist
Wed, Aug 15, 2018
Stay tuned for more details about this event featuring one of the founding fathers of the Rhone movement in Southern Cali...