Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
1995 Felsina Fontalloro Tuscany
Fontalloro is the most representative expression of Fèlsina’s Sangiovese.
Fontalloro grapes come from vineyards straddling the border between Chianti Classico and the Chianti Colli Senesi denomination. The vineyards lying within the Chianti Classico appellation are in the highest area of Fèlsina while those in the Chianti Colli Senesi are lower down (407-330 meters above sea level). With a southwestern exposure, the grapes are influenced by diverse soil compositions: on the Chianti Classico side the soil is stony and calcareous; on the Crete Senesi side the soil is sandy, loamy and silty with pebbles and marine sediments. First vintage 1983.
(90 Points) Fresh and chunky red. Well-structured and balanced. A bounty of dark chocolate and ripe cherries on the nose and palate. Medium- to full-bodied, with soft, silky tannins and a long, clean fruit finish. Drink now through 2004. 2,665 cases made. â€“JS Wine Spectator Issue: Nov 30, 1999
List Price: $120.00
Quantity in Stock: 4add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 1995 Fontodi Flaccianello Tuscany - (92 Points)Built for aging. Extremely well made, with concentrated aromas of dried berry, fruit and spices. Full-bodied, with f...
- 1988 Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia - (90 Points) The backward 1988 Riserva-Rancia exhibits superb richness and tremendous density to go along with its saturated dar...
- 1995 Fontodi Chianti Classico Riserva Sorbo - (96 Points) The 1995 Chianti Classico Riserva Vigna del Sorbo is striking. It brings together all of the best qualities of the ...
- Buller Muscat Australia 375ml - (96 Points) The N.V. Fine Muscat offers the most complexity of this hedonistic trio. Dark amber-colored, it delivers flavors of...
- 1995 Canalicchio Di Sopra Riserva Brunello Di Montalcino - A classic example of Brunello with soft smooth tannins, this wine is now fully evolved with the classic black tar and truffle a...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Sequoia Grove Wine Tasting with Special Guest Mike Trujillo President/Director of Winemaking at WWWB
Wed, Feb 21, 2018
What is better than to sit at the end of a day and drink wine with friends, or substitute for friends. -James Joyce ...
1980s Vintage Red Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 22, 2018
Water Separates the people of the world. Wine unites them. Our study in Burgundy continues this month and it w...
Chateau Latour Wine Tasting back to 1959 at WWWB
Fri, Feb 23, 2018
Bad news isn't wine. It doesn't improve with age. Colin Powell Life is short that is why I always say “...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Feb 24, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Rhone Tasting with importer Dan Kravitz at WWWB
Tue, Feb 27, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman You may...
Le Cimate Montefalco Wine Tasting with owner Paolo Bartoloni
Wed, Feb 28, 2018
Le Cimate Montefalco Wine Tasting with owner Paolo Bartoloni Wednesday, February 28th 7:30pm ARAGON – UMBR...
Corte Alla Flora Vino Nobile Tasting with Owner Massimo Cragnotti at WWWB
Thu, Mar 1, 2018
Corte Alla Flora Vino Nobile Tasting with Owner Massimo Cragnotti at WWWB Thursday, March 1st 7:30pm 2015 ...
Vintage Burgundy/Champagne and Barolo My B-Day Wines
Fri, Mar 2, 2018
Three of my favorite Things: Champagne, Pomerol, Burgundy and Toni's Cooking Friday March 2nd 7:30pm 2003 K...
Sottimano Winery Wine Tasting with Elena Sottimano
Wed, Mar 7, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event. Menu Tuna Tar Tar served in Grilled Portobello mushroom Deconstruct...
Augustin Lacaille from Chateau D'Issan, Pedesclaux & Lilian Ladouys at WWWB
Thu, Mar 8, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event! Menu Selection of Charcuterie Duck Confit Napoleon with Beemster Go...