1989 Chateau Pichon Baron Pauillac
(95 Points) Both the 1989 and 1990 vintages exhibit opaque, dense purple colors that suggest massive wines of considerable extraction and richness. The dense, full-bodied 1989 is brilliantly made with huge, smoky, chocolatey, cassis aromas intermingled with scents of toasty oak. Well-layered, with a sweet inner-core of fruit, this awesomely endowed, backward, tannic, prodigious 1989 needs another 5-6 years of cellaring; it should last for three decades or more. It is unquestionably a great Pichon-Longueville-Baron. The Wine Advocate, Issue 109, Feb. 1997
List Price: $285.00
Sale Price: $230.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 1996 Chateau Pichon Comtesse Lallande Pauillac - (96 Points) The 1996 Pichon-Lalande is just as awesome from bottle as it was from multiple cask tastings. For Pichon-Lalande, t...
- 2000 Chateau Clerc Milon Pauillac 375ml - . ...
- 2003 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St Julien - (93 Points) The solidly made 2003 Leoville Las-Cases (13.2% alcohol) is a blend of 70.2% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17.2% Merlot, and ...
- 2005 Chateau Vignot St Emilion - Pretty cigar box spice and a distinct earthy nuance, clay like minerality with red currant and cherry berry fruit, showing a bi...
- 1996 Château La Mission Haut-Brion Pessac Leognan - ... ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do You Fe...
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardly c...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 Menu 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena N...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 11, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Qupe wine tasting with Special Guest Bob Lindquist
Wed, Aug 15, 2018
Stay tuned for more details about this event featuring one of the founding fathers of the Rhone movement in Southern Cali...
Paul Hobbs Vina Cobos Bramare Ultra Argentina tasting
Thu, Aug 16, 2018
Stay Tuned for some of the best wines from Argentina this tasting will feature new releases and a few older vintages from...