- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
When I want to show someone what is "terroir" I often show our Vosne that has the classic spicy nose and mouth feel. Along with its terroir the wine explodes for the glass with the wonderful ripe fruit of 2009. We made 175 cases with ~ 1/3 new oak.
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nos...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Echezeaux Grand Cru - Many of you fondly remember the Echezeaux we made from 1998 until 2005 and how it was always a wine of elegance, spiciness and ...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Chassagne Montrachet Maltroie - The second year from our vines with lower yields due to our conversion to biodynamic farming. In 2009 the wine is especial...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the Côte de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There are...
- 2009 Jacques Cacheux Vosne Romanee Aux Reas Village - (92 points) This is an elegant and lush wine with earthy flavors of ripe dark cherry and plum. It is elegant and silky...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, May 22, 2013California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Café Maxx
"I've got my Cheap Wine and a three day growth" Che...
Thu, May 23, 2013Cafe Maxx Cooking Class with Chef Oliver Saucy - Italian Cuisine
Café Maxx Cooking Class Thursday, May 23 , 201 3 - 05:00 PM Italian C...
Thu, May 23, 2013Alvaro Palacios Dinner at The Edge Steak and Bar
"Wine, it's in my veins and I can't get it out." &nb...
Fri, May 24, 2013Quintarelli VS Dal Forno Tasting at Wine Watch
Wine hath drowned more men than the sea. THOMAS FULLER ...
Tue, May 28, 2013Bodegas Arrayan- Spain tasting with Export Director Alvaro Garcia de Oteyza
Bodegas Arrayán was founded by entrepreneur José María Entrecanales ...
Thu, May 30, 2013Wine Dinner at the Dutch with Chris Millard winemaker for Newton Vineyards
Newton Vineyard Collectors Dinner at the Dutch Thursday, May 30th 7pm...
Fri, May 31, 2013LVMH Tasting at Wine watch
LVMH tasting at Wine Watch Friday May 17th 7pm Tasting Line-...
Tue, Jun 4, 2013Kermit Lynch French Italian Tasting at the Edge Restaurant at the Four Seasons on Brickell
Kermit Lynch has traveled the back roads of French and Italian wine co...
Wed, Jun 5, 2013Southern Rhone Wine Tasting at Café Maxx
start with the 2007 vintage- this could very well be one of the greatest...
Thu, Jun 6, 2013Lokoya Cardinale tasting at Wine Watch
These are two of the crown jewels of the Jackson portfolio of wines ...