- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
When I want to show someone what is "terroir" I often show our Vosne that has the classic spicy nose and mouth feel. Along with its terroir the wine explodes for the glass with the wonderful ripe fruit of 2009. We made 175 cases with ~ 1/3 new oak.
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nos...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the CÃ´te de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There a...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - As with Meursault the Corton hill. especially the Pernand side has the freshness and tension we love in white Burgundy. Another...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
- 2007 Husic Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Lots of dark cherry and black currant bery fruit fresh shaved lead pencil with damp black earth very complex bouquet, dark coco...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Sep 17, 2014Piedmont Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
"Knowledge enormous makes a God of me. Names, deeds, gray legends,...
Thu, Sep 18, 2014New Times and Wine Watch present the 8th Annual Pairings Event at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love yo...
Fri, Sep 19, 2014Vintage Bordeaux Treasures at Wine Watch
“I love everything that is old; old friends, old times, ol...
Wed, Sep 24, 2014Schramsberg Dinner with Hugh Davies at Lobster Bar on Las Olas
Welcomes Hugh Davies Of ...
Thu, Sep 25, 2014Super California Tasting at Wine Watch
Super California Tasting at Wine Watch Thursday, September 25th 7...
Wed, Oct 1, 2014Pinot Noir Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Thu, Oct 2, 2014Dassai Sake Dinner at Hakkasan in the Fountainebleau
DASSAI SAKE BREWERY THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2014 | HAKKASAN ...
Fri, Oct 3, 2014Pride Vertical Tasting at Wine Watch
"A person with increasing knowledge and sensory education ma...
Thu, Oct 9, 2014Nicolas Catena Single Vineyard Tasting at Wine Watch
Nicolas Catena is one of the leaders in Argentina and this tasting will...
Fri, Oct 10, 2014California Cult Tasting at Wine Watch
California Cult Tasting Reception 2003 Marcassin Chardonnay ...