- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
When I want to show someone what is "terroir" I often show our Vosne that has the classic spicy nose and mouth feel. Along with its terroir the wine explodes for the glass with the wonderful ripe fruit of 2009. We made 175 cases with ~ 1/3 new oak.
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nos...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the CÃ´te de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There a...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - As with Meursault the Corton hill. especially the Pernand side has the freshness and tension we love in white Burgundy. Another...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
- 2007 Husic Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Lots of dark cherry and black currant bery fruit fresh shaved lead pencil with damp black earth very complex bouquet, dark coco...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Mon, Nov 3, 2014Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner at Casa D'Angelo With Special Guest Pablo Alvarez Proprietor
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good peop...
Fri, Nov 7, 2014Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch
You can not call yourself a wine lover if you have never tried Madeira....
Sat, Nov 8, 2014MODS Gala Wine Auction
November 8, 2014 6 p.m. The Museum of Discovery and Science will hos...
Tue, Nov 11, 2014Jed Steele Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
The only winemaker dinner that we have done every year for over two dec...
Wed, Nov 12, 2014Champagne Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any even...
Fri, Nov 14, 2014Wines of the World Symphony of the Americas Dinner and Auction at Pier 66
Wines of the World Auction & Dinner Hyatt Regency Pier S...
Thu, Nov 20, 2014Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Desserts and Champagne
Stay Tuned for more Details
Fri, Nov 21, 2014Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch
Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch Tasting Line-Up: 1...
Sat, Nov 22, 2014Pre Thanksgiving Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Jan 9, 2015Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893
Chateau Lafite Rothschild Tasting back to 1893, this wine was purchased...