- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
When I want to show someone what is "terroir" I often show our Vosne that has the classic spicy nose and mouth feel. Along with its terroir the wine explodes for the glass with the wonderful ripe fruit of 2009. We made 175 cases with ~ 1/3 new oak.
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nos...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the CÃ´te de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There a...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
- 1999 Del Dotto Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - description ...
- 2007 Husic Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Lots of dark cherry and black currant bery fruit fresh shaved lead pencil with damp black earth very complex bouquet, dark coco...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Tue, Jan 27, 2015Byron Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Vito Corleone: I like to drink wine more than I used to. M...
Thu, Jan 29, 2015Vineyard House Tasting at Wine Watch with Jeremy Nickel
Thoughts on the matter: “I would like a wine. The purpose of the...
Fri, Jan 30, 2015Vintage Red Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch
Thoughts on the matter: “I like all paintings. I al...
Sat, Jan 31, 2015David Arthur Long at Wine Watch BBQ
“Someone said drink the water, but I will drink the wine / Some...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Eric Baugher from Monte Bello Estate at Wine Watch
One of the historic vineyards of California and one that a lot of serio...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Vietti Wine dinner with Luca Currado at Market 17
One of my favorite wineries from the Piedmonte!! Stay tuned for more i...
Thu, Feb 5, 2015Wine with Chocolate Tasting at Florida Builders
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Fri, Feb 6, 2015Pre-Valentines Day Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch
One of my most exciting Saturday nights was just me and a bottle of win...
Sat, Feb 7, 2015New California Cult Cabernet at 1800 Las Olas
This tasting will introduce some of the New Napa Cult Cabernet Sauvigno...
Wed, Feb 11, 2015Cafe Maxx Wine Tasting Languedoc South of France
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...