- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
When I want to show someone what is "terroir" I often show our Vosne that has the classic spicy nose and mouth feel. Along with its terroir the wine explodes for the glass with the wonderful ripe fruit of 2009. We made 175 cases with ~ 1/3 new oak.
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Alex Gambal Chassagne Montrachet Maltroie - The second year from our vines with lower yields due to our conversion to biodynamic farming. In 2009 the wine is especial...
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nos...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the CÃ´te de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There are...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - As with Meursault the Corton hill. especially the Pernand side has the freshness and tension we love in white Burgundy. Another...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Jul 23, 2014Priorat Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
“There can never be any substitute for your own palate nor...
Fri, Jul 25, 2014Penfolds Grange Wine Dinner at Cafe Maxx
“WARNING! The consumption of wine might cause you to think you c...
Wed, Jul 30, 2014A tasting in Memory of wine educator Barry Alberts at Wine Watch
A tasting in Memory of wine educator Barry Alberts at Wine Watch Wednes...
Thu, Jul 31, 2014Cliff Lede Tasting at Wine Watch
Cliff Lede Cabernet Sauvignon Moondance Dream 2011 $95 Cliff Lede ...
Wed, Aug 6, 2014Nicolas Catena Argentina Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Aug 20, 2014Chilean Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Thu, Aug 21, 2014Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Lobster Lobster
Fri, Aug 22, 2014Super Syrah Tasting at Wine Watch
“I pray you, do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows ...
Wed, Aug 27, 2014Domaine Weinbach Alsace Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
"Old red wine, not worth a dime; we'll have to finish it after c...
Fri, Aug 29, 2014Vintage Australian Tasting at Wine Watch
At sea a fellow comes out. Salt water is like wine, in that respe...