- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
When I want to show someone what is "terroir" I often show our Vosne that has the classic spicy nose and mouth feel. Along with its terroir the wine explodes for the glass with the wonderful ripe fruit of 2009. We made 175 cases with ~ 1/3 new oak.
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Alex Gambal Chassagne Montrachet Maltroie - The second year from our vines with lower yields due to our conversion to biodynamic farming. In 2009 the wine is especial...
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nos...
- 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes - Beaune vineyards are the most extensive of the CÃ´te de Beaune, between Savigny to the North, and Pommard to the South. There a...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - As with Meursault the Corton hill. especially the Pernand side has the freshness and tension we love in white Burgundy. Another...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wed, Sep 3, 2014Burgundy Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Burgundy Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6...
Thu, Sep 4, 2014Susan Balbo Tasting at Cafe Maxx CRIOS and Benmarco
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in th...
Fri, Sep 5, 2014Argentina/Chile Tasting at Wine Watch
Lloyd: What the hell are we doing here, Harry? We gotta get o...
Wed, Sep 10, 2014Don Melchor Vertical Wine tasting at Wine Watch with winemaker Enrique
Don Melchor Vertical Wine tasting at Wine Watch with winemaker Enrique ...
Thu, Sep 11, 2014Cafe Maxx Italian Cooking Class Thursday, September 11th at 5pm
Café Maxx Cooks Italian! September 11, 2014 Americas favor...
Fri, Sep 12, 2014Vintage Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
This is one of our "Once in a Lifetime" tastings here at the store and ...
Wed, Sep 17, 2014Piedmont Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Thu, Sep 18, 2014New Times and Wine Watch present the 8th Annual Pairings Event at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
About the Event New Times Broward/Palm Beach proudly presents our 7t...
Fri, Sep 19, 2014Vintage Bordeaux Treasures at Wine Watch
Vintage Bordeaux Treasures Tasting at Wine Watch Friday, September 1...
Thu, Sep 25, 2014Super California Tasting at Wine Watch
Super California Tasting at Wine Watch Thursday, September 25th 7...