- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2005 Chateau Phelan Segur MAGNUM
(89 points) I had hoped this offering would turn out even better, but it is still a tasty, well-made Bordeaux that represents reasonably good value in this super-expensive vintage. Deep ruby to the rim, it offers up scents of damp earth, black currants, cherries, licorice, and herbs, medium body, moderate tannin, and 10-15 years of longevity.
Wine Advocate # 176 Apr 2008
List Price: $132.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2000 Fattoria Poggio di Sotto Brunello di Montalcino - Wild strawberry fruit very forward and seductive red rose petal nuance very pretty bouquet. Smooth and silky on the ...
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fru...
- 2001 Chateau Petrus Pomerol - (95 Points) The 2001 Petrus (2,160 cases produced) exhibits more depth and richness than any other Pomerol I tasted. Its deep ...
- 2000 Chateau Montrose St. Estephe MAGNUM - (95+ points) Originally rated 96, this wine confirmed its early rating, although again, the backwardness and still very obvious ...
- 2000 Chateau Latour Pauillac - (98 Points) There are only 14,000 cases (only 48% of the crop made it into the grand vin) of the 2000, which flirts with p...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fri, May 24, 2013Quintarelli VS Dal Forno Tasting at Wine Watch
Wine hath drowned more men than the sea. THOMAS FULLER ...
Tue, May 28, 2013Bodegas Arrayan- Spain tasting with Export Director Alvaro Garcia de Oteyza
Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight ...
Thu, May 30, 2013Wine Dinner at the Dutch with Chris Millard winemaker for Newton Vineyards
Newton Vineyard Collectors Dinner at the Dutch in the W Hotel on Sou...
Thu, May 30, 2013Adavino Wine Dinner at DBA Bistro
d.b.a.wine dinner Thursday May 30th, 2013, 7:00p.m. The ‘Breakfast...
Fri, May 31, 2013LVMH Tasting at Wine watch
LVMH tasting at Wine Watch Friday May 17th 7pm Tasting Line-...
Tue, Jun 4, 2013Kermit Lynch French Italian Tasting at the Edge Restaurant at the Four Seasons on Brickell
Kermit Lynch has traveled the back roads of French and Italian wine co...
Wed, Jun 5, 2013Southern Rhone Wine Tasting at Café Maxx
start with the 2007 vintage- this could very well be one of the greatest...
Thu, Jun 6, 2013Lokoya Cardinale tasting at Wine Watch
These are two of the crown jewels of the Jackson portfolio of wines ...
Fri, Jun 7, 2013The Ultimate White Tasting - Is it worth it to collect white wine? Wine Watch
The Ultimate White Tasting - Is it worth it to collect white wine? ...
Fri, Jun 14, 20131990 Bordeaux Tasting at Wine Watch
The 1990 vintage will go down in the history books as one of the great...