- Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other White
- Pinot Noir
- Sangiovese/Tuscan Red
- Red Burgundy
- Rhone Blend
- Half Bottle
- 3 Liter
- Bordeaux Futures
- Dessert Wine & Port
- Spanish Wine
- White Burgundy
- Other Red
- Chile & Argentina
- Dry Rose
- Northern Italian Red
- Northern Italian Whites
- Alsace Whites
2005 Chateau Phelan Segur MAGNUM
(89 points) I had hoped this offering would turn out even better, but it is still a tasty, well-made Bordeaux that represents reasonably good value in this super-expensive vintage. Deep ruby to the rim, it offers up scents of damp earth, black currants, cherries, licorice, and herbs, medium body, moderate tannin, and 10-15 years of longevity.
Wine Advocate # 176 Apr 2008
List Price: $132.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2006 Corte Pavone Brunello di Montalcino - A bit more well endowed on the nose very dense and rich with lots of ripe black cherry and wild strawberry jam like fruit black...
- 2000 Chateau Latour Pauillac - (98 Points) There are only 14,000 cases (only 48% of the crop made it into the grand vin) of the 2000, which flirts with perfec...
- 2012 Antica Chardonnay Napa - .The 2012 Chardonnay is pure, ripe, and richly flavored, yet fine and delicate. There are lots of distinctive peach, nectarine,...
- 2005 Lange Pinot Noir Freedom Hill Vineyard - Wine Watch Score: Lots of fresh earth and minerality on the nose here with new leather, exotic spice, floral notes, black cher...
- 2004 Penfolds St Henri Shiraz South Australia MAGNUMS - (90 points) Open-textured, medium-bodied and distinctive for its coffee-accented blackberry and black olive flavors, finishing ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Thu, Jan 29, 2015Vineyard House Tasting at Wine Watch with Jeremy Nickel
Thoughts on the matter: “I would like a wine. The purpose of the...
Fri, Jan 30, 2015Vintage Red Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch
Thoughts on the matter: “I like all paintings. I al...
Sat, Jan 31, 2015David Arthur Long at Wine Watch BBQ
“Someone said drink the water, but I will drink the wine / Some...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Eric Baugher from Monte Bello Estate at Wine Watch
“Here’s the problem, when you’re stargazing on a moun...
Tue, Feb 3, 2015Vietti Wine dinner with Luca Currado at Market 17
One of my favorite wineries from the Piedmonte!! Stay tuned for more i...
Thu, Feb 5, 2015Wine with Chocolate Tasting at Florida Builders
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Fri, Feb 6, 2015Pre-Valentines Day Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch
One of my most exciting Saturday nights was just me and a bottle of win...
Sat, Feb 7, 2015New California Cult Cabernet at 1800 Las Olas
This tasting will introduce some of the New Napa Cult Cabernet Sauvigno...
Wed, Feb 11, 2015Cafe Maxx Wine Tasting Languedoc South of France
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event...
Thu, Feb 12, 2015Chateau DYquem Tasting at Wine Watch
2011 Chateau D'yquem Sauternes (96 Points) Served from an ex-c...