Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2015 Ridge Geyserville Sonoma County
Ridge has made the Geyserville as a single-site zinfandel in every year since 1966. The grapes are grown in three adjoining vineyards on a defined stretch of gravelly soil approximately one-and-a-quarter miles long and a half-mile wide. A blend of Zinfandel, Carignane, Petite Sirah Mataro, Alicante Bouchet, they have added egg whites to the list of ingredients for this wine so Vegans beware. This wine has a little funk on the nose, black licorice spice, minty notes to the candied strawberry jam like fruit, some wild floral notes. A big and chewy wine on the tongue with a host of pretty floral notes here and some black spices, this is a big and brambly wine with nice richness but good balance and some tannins, gravely minerality at the end but nicely balanced. This is a Zinfandel blend that should age nicely for a decade or more in your cellar, chalky tannins at the end. Finish 45+ Excellent +
List Price: $37.50
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2015 Ridge Lytton Springs Dry Creek Valley - (94 points) The 2015 Lytton Springs is very, very closed. Readers should not think about opening a bottle anytime soon. Intense...
- 2015 Two Sisters Lindsay's Vineyard Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills - The same fruit that goes into the Foley estate wines, they own close to 1/2 of the vineyards in this appellation. A beautiful b...
- 2012 Freeman Vineyards and Winery Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - Very far west 8-10 miles from the coast, since 2000, they own one vineyard and they buy the rest of the fruit from other source...
- 2015 King Estate Pinot Gris Oregon - The 2015 vintage is a brilliant example of Pinot Gris from a consistent and warmer than average Willamette Valley growing seaso...
- NV Champagne Lallier Grand Reserve Champagne Grand Cru - From 1906 originally related to the Deutz family, 400,000 bottles produced annually, the own 15 hectares in Ay, they only use G...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
volker-eisele cabernet 2013 Price: $60.00 volker-eisele terzetto 2014 Price: $82.50 volker-...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
This is our annual event to showcase the latest release of Penfolds Grange the iconic Shiraz of South Australia and one o...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena Napa Vall...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...