Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 G Chateau Guiraud Bordeaux Blanc
The only make 150,000 bottles, this is 105 hectare estate and they are in the city between the Church and Chateau D'Yquem, this was the first growth to be classified and this means that the wine is from the region and it must be sweet and the appellation here is Bordeaux dry white wine because of the dryness and they do not have the Moilleux level but there is a minimum level of sweetness to a Sauternes 120 grams per liter. A lovely savory character to the palate with a good amount of fruit, melon, white grape fruit, quince, a gravelly mineral nuance, a rich texture on the tongue, good weight in the mid palate, and a lovely freshness to the finish a long mineral laced finish. A blend of 50/50 Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc they have specific parcels in the vineyard that are dedicated to making this dry wine, tart finish, could use a bit of time and shows much better on the second day, a great introduction to the dry whites of Sauternes! Finish 40+ Excellent (89-91 Points) "The G de Guiraud 2014 has quite a complex bouquet with lively citrus fruit intermixed with sea cave scents. There is something almost marine-like here. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, appreciable weight in the mouth with light green apple and spice notes emerging toward the finish. This is how to do dry white Sauternes." Reviewed April 2015 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate:
List Price: $23.50
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Ferrari Carano Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley - Ferrari-Carano Cabernet Sauvignon comes from mountain-grown fruit in Alexander Valley. Vibrant aromatics of cassis, mocha, drie...
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
- Paul Etienne Saint Germain Charme Grand Cru Brut Champagne NV - A blend of 75% Pinot Noir Montagne de Reims and 25% Chardonnay Cote des Blancs. Pear and quince like fruit almond, honey and w...
- 2012 Chateau Lilian Ladouys St Estephe - A big of a green vegetal note to the nose with cigar box spice some fresh earth and red currant berry fruit on the nose. This ...
- 2016 Hartford Court Chardonnay Russian River Valley - A rich bouquet of lemon drop candy and lightly toasted oak spice, notes of flan and apple blossom, crème brulee notes. Rich an...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Argentina Versus Chile Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 17, 2018
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” ― Josh Stern I gues...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 18, 2018
This week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday August 16th – Saturday 18th Parmesan & Jalapeno Salt Dusted Shoestrin...
Chateau Montelena Vertical Tasting back to 1996
Thu, Aug 23, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardl...
Super Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 24, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman The wi...
2011 Vintage Barolo Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Aug 30, 2018
2011 G. B. Burlotto Monvigliero Barolo DOCG Price: $95.00 Your Price: $69.00 As it was in G.B.’s day, the gre...
Vintage Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch Back to 1953!
Fri, Aug 31, 2018
1953 Vosne Romanee Collection du Docteur Barolet 1983 Groffier Bonnes Mares Grand Cru
1995 Bordeaux Magnum Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 7, 2018
Music is just like wine. Each of us has very different tastes in what we like and dislike. The music that is “best” for ...
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti
Thu, Sep 13, 2018
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:30 PM ...
Los Vascos Wine Tasting with Winemaker Marcelo Gallardo at WWWB
Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event with one of Chile's top producers.
Enzo Cambria from Cottanera winery from Etna
Fri, Sep 21, 2018
Cottanera Barbazzale - DOC Sicilia Bianco 2017 89 pts VM (2016 vintage) Made fr...