Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
When I want to show someone what is "terroir" I often show our Vosne that has the classic spicy nose and mouth feel. Along with its terroir the wine explodes for the glass with the wonderful ripe fruit of 2009. We made 175 cases with ~ 1/3 new oak.
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Alex Gambal Bourgogne Chardonnay - “An exceptionally fresh and pretty nose features notes of lemon peel on the white and yellow orchard fruit scents. There is goo...
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nos...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
- NV Henriot Blanc De Blanc Souverain Brut Champagne - (93 Points) Rich and toasty, this is a textbook Blanc de Blancs, with firm acidity, a creamy, refined texture and flavors of ha...
- NV Henriot Rose Brut Champagne - Strawberry and red cherry fruit on the nose with notes of red plum and red licorice spice along with rose petal floral notes. L...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Fontodi Tasting Flaccianello VS Chianti Classico Vigna Del Sorbo at Wine Watch
Wed, Jul 8, 2015
This week starts with two of the top Sangiovese based wines from one of our favorite producers based in the...
Cafe Maxx Cooking Class Grilling Meats
Thu, Jul 9, 2015
Join Oliver and company for their 25th season of cooking classes. Chef Oliver’s innovative and inspirational st...
Pelissero Winery Piedmont Wine tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Jul 10, 2015
Then, on next Friday we have another incredible Italian Wine tasting featuring the wines of Pelissero winery....
Austria and German wine tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Jul 15, 2015
I don't need an app that tells me how many calories that I have burned. I need an app that tells me how many wine glass...
Miami Taste of the Nation at the Lowes Hotel
Thu, Jul 16, 2015
2015 Miami Taste of the Nation · Introduction : · Hunger issue: No Kid Hungry ...
Bouchard Pere Et Fils 2013 and 2012 Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watch
Thu, Jul 16, 2015
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Tasting at Wine Watch with D-Lynn featuring the 2010 release of Grange
Fri, Jul 17, 2015
"You have only so many bottles in your life, never drink a bad one." Len Evans One of the reasons that I ge...
Champagne Veuve Clicquot Dinner or Reception/Tasting at Lobster Bar on Las Olas
Wed, Jul 22, 2015
Veuve Clicquot Dinner ~or ~ Champagne Reception FEATURING CHAMPAGNE SPECIALIST TARA O'LEARY At Lobster ...
South American Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Jul 29, 2015
stay tunes for more info on this event
Chilean Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Aug 12, 2015
These tastings at the Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event that we do. You get to try 8 different wines at t...