Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nose wi...
- 2007 Husic Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Lots of dark cherry and black currant bery fruit fresh shaved lead pencil with damp black earth very complex bouquet, dark coco...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
- 2009 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon - (95-98 Points) Iâ€™ll keep my notes on the 2009s brief, but as one can see, these are among the superstars of the vintage. I do...
- NV Henriot Souverain Brut Champagne - Toasty smokey notes to the bouquet very complex and rich with hazelnut and light ginger spice. Around 60% Chardonnay and 40% Pi...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Valentines Day Champagne and Pinot Noir Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Feb 12, 2016
Our Pre-Valentine’s Day Champagne Tasting at Wine Watch has become an annual event and is one of our biggest tastings of ...
Chateau D'Yquem Tasting at Wine Watch
Sun, Feb 14, 2016
Wine makes every meal an occasion, every table more elegant, every day more civilized. - Andre Simon We...
South of France Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx - The best value in France
Wed, Feb 17, 2016
Stay Tune For More Information
Fumanelli Dinner at Cafe Maxx with Special Guest Armando Fumanelli
Fri, Feb 19, 2016
I love Italian wines. It is hard to believe that when I bought the store 18 years ago we only had 4 different Italian la...
Opus One VS Caymus Special Selection Vertical Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Feb 26, 2016
This is the easiest wine tasting to sell so don't wait for the list of vintages to come out to reserve your seats for thi...
AFWC Event at Wine Watch
Tue, Mar 1, 2016
This is our annual event to promote the American Fine Wine Competition's Gala event and you get to try a selection of gol...
Vintage Barolo Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Mar 2, 2016
Nebbiolo is my favorite grape varietal... DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE??? All of these are 10+ years old and Toni's Os...
South African Wine Tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Mar 9, 2016
One of the most exciting places in the world of fine wine today is South Africa. There are more and more great producers ...
WSET Level 2 with the Institute of Masters of Wine
Fri, Mar 11, 2016
March 11,12 & 19, 2016 9:30am - 5:30pm With courses designed in partnership with the Institute of Masters of Wine...
Super Pomerol Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Mar 11, 2016
You will have Chateau Petrus this evening but right now I can't reveal anything else about this event- stay tuned.