Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Albert Bichot Domaine de Pavillon Pommard Clos Des Ursulines Monopole - On the Domaine de Pavillon right on the limit of Volnay and Pommard 4 Hectares. Thick black raspberry like fruit on the nose wi...
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
- 2007 Schrader Cabernet Sauvignon Georges III Beckstoffer Napa - (97+ Points) The 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer George III Vineyard comes from clone 337, from a Beckstoffer-owned vineyar...
- 2009 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon - (95-98 Points) Iâ€™ll keep my notes on the 2009s brief, but as one can see, these are among the superstars of the vintage. I do...
- NV Henriot Blanc De Blanc Souverain Brut Champagne - (93 Points) Rich and toasty, this is a textbook Blanc de Blancs, with firm acidity, a creamy, refined texture and flavors of ha...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Gaja and White Truffle Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Oct 28, 2016
"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." Lucille Ball ...
Chateau Haut Brion Tasting back to 1937
Tue, Nov 1, 2016
"Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something." Bond in From Russia with Love (1963) ...
SILVER OAK & TWOMEY WINE DINNER at Market 17
Wed, Nov 2, 2016
SILVER OAK & TWOMEY WINE DINNER Wednesday 7:30pm, November 2, 2016 Continuous improvement – or the noti...
Vintage Port Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Nov 4, 2016
"I made wine out of raisins so I wouldn't have to wait for it to age." - Steven Wright We will be t...
Vintage Madeira Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Nov 5, 2016
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial...
Burgundy Tasting at Wine Watchwith Master of Wine DC Flint
Tue, Nov 8, 2016
"If it's red, French, costs too much, and tastes like the water that's left in the vase after the flowers have ...
Jed Steele Dinner at Cafe Maxx
Wed, Nov 9, 2016
"Drinking wine is just a part of life, like eating food." - Francis Ford Coppola And we have to drink wine everyda...
Schramsberg Sparkling wine tasting at Wine Watch with Special Guest Hugh Davies
Thu, Nov 10, 2016
"One glass of champagne and I smile, Two and I grin, But three I'm ever so ready to sin." Anistatia R Mi...
Artadi Wine Dinner with Carlos Lopez de lacalle
Fri, Nov 11, 2016
Tonight we have a few chance to catch up with Carlos Lopez de Lacalle, the next generation at Artadi winery, one of the...
Ellman Family and David Arthur Tasting at New River Art Gallery on Las Olas
Sat, Nov 12, 2016
"When I get older losing my hair, Many years from now Will you still be sending me a valentine, Birthday greetings, bo...