Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2009 Alex Gambal Vosne Romanee Vielle Vignes
A very spiced and nuanced wine on the nose with a good amount of that animal nuance compared to the 2009 Sea Smoke Southing, which this wine was tasted alongside. Smokey bacon fat nuance, all-spice and fresh earth, truffle hints very exotic bouquet with wild strawberry and red cherry like fruit, lovely intensity. Smooth and decadent texture on the tongue, silky velvety with a good amount of tannins but silky and ripe. A very long and layered finish with incredible length for a village wine. Finish 50 Most Excellent
List Price: $68.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Alex Gambal Volnay En Chevret - Chevrets is as Clive Coates says in his book Cote D'Or; "Volnay of real silk, lace and the complexity of all the petits fruits ...
- 2009 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon - (95-98 Points) Iâ€™ll keep my notes on the 2009s brief, but as one can see, these are among the superstars of the vintage. I do...
- NV Henriot Blanc De Blanc Souverain Brut Champagne - (93 Points) Rich and toasty, this is a textbook Blanc de Blancs, with firm acidity, a creamy, refined texture and flavors of ha...
- NV Henriot Rose Brut Champagne - Strawberry and red cherry fruit on the nose with notes of red plum and red licorice spice along with rose petal floral notes. L...
- NV Henriot Souverain Brut Champagne - Toasty smokey notes to the bouquet very complex and rich with hazelnut and light ginger spice. Around 60% Chardonnay and 40% Pi...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Freemark Abbey Wine Tasting at Wine Watch with Barry Dobbs
Tue, Apr 25, 2017
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enable...
Vintage Australian Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, Apr 26, 2017
“The food we were given was no more than eatable, but the patron was not mean about drink; he allowed us two lit...
Chardonnay Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Apr 28, 2017
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history,...
Schrader Napa Valley Cult Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Sat, Apr 29, 2017
Only by wine one's heart is lit, only a poem calms a soul that's torn. You'd understand me, Tao Qian. I wi...
Ribera Del Duero Rioja and Toro Spanish wine tasting at Cafe Maxx
Wed, May 3, 2017
These tastings at Cafe Maxx for $35 are the best value of any event that we do. Eight wines are pre-poured in order to al...
Lewis Cellars Wine Tasting with Special Guest Dennis Bell
Thu, May 4, 2017
“Mr. Mel Dick asked me about 18 years ago what wines I like to drink.” I told him “I like to drink the wines my frie...
Darioush Wine Dinner at Michael Mina Stripsteak in the Fontainebleau Hotel
Thu, May 4, 2017
Darioush Wine Dinner at Michael Mina Stripsteak in the Fontainebleau Hotel Thursday, May 4th 8pm beausoleil o...
Super Chateauneuf Du Pape tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, May 5, 2017
Like a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape · I'm fine like wine when I start to rap · We need body rockin', not perfectio...
Cayuse Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Sat, May 6, 2017
Cayuse Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar Saturday, May 6th 7:30pm 2009 Cayuse Impulsivo Tempranillo Walla Walla ...
South African Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Wed, May 10, 2017
We just visited wine country in South Africa and this tasting will reveal some of our top finds from this trip including ...