Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 Cambria Pommard Clone 4 Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
2014 CAMBRIA CLONE 4 PINOT NOIR
WINEMAKING AND VITICULTURE
The Clone 4 grapes were sourced from vines planted with grafting material from the original Clone 4 established on our property in 1970. The vines are well-established and consistently produce classic Pommard style wines with a distinctive expression unique to the Santa Maria Valley. After harvest, the wine underwent a seven day cold soak (pre-fermentation) before being aged in 100% French oak barrels. The 2014 vintage was near ideal yet again, characterized by a dry winter and a warmer than average spring & summer. While harvest began relatively early, moderate temperatures and minimal rain allowed for exceptional grapes with ample ripeness, fl¬avor and texture.
“Complex yet elegant, the Clone 4 Pinot Noir is brimming with beautiful red fruit characteristics, with hints of blueberry fruit found in the background. Spice notes of cinnamon and cardamom compliment the slight earthy characters while, balanced tannins add structure to the wine and make for a nice long ¬finish.”-Denise Shurtleff, Winemaker
Composition: 100% Pinot Noir
Appellation: Santa Maria Valley
Alcohol Content: 14.2%
Barrel Aging: 7 months in 100% French oak, 23% new
List Price: $22.50
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2016 Substance Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - (93 Points) The deep, inky-colored 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon that will see 12 months in French oak. It...
- 2012 Chalone Pinot Blanc Estate Grown Chalone - A good amount of ripe tree fruits, Asian pear, pinepple and hints of white flowers and vanilla spice to compliment the fruit on...
- 2013 Cliff Lede Cabernet Sauvignon Stag's Leap District - Twin Peaks Vineyard estate, as well as the hillside terraces of their Poetry Vineyard, this is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon and has ...
- 2015 Domaine de Triennes Rose - Grape variety : principally Cinsault blended with Grenache, Syrah and Merlot Tasting notes : - This wine has a bo...
- 2016 Giocato Pinot Grigio Primorska - This Pinot Grigio is made from grapes hand-selected from some of the best sites alongthe Italian border in Slovenia. It is brig...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do You Fe...
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
"You have only so many bottles in your life, never drink a bad one." Len Evans We don’t waste time here ...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 Menu 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena N...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 11, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Qupe wine tasting with Special Guest Bob Lindquist
Wed, Aug 15, 2018
Stay tuned for more details about this event featuring one of the founding fathers of the Rhone movement in Southern Cali...
Paul Hobbs Vina Cobos Bramare Ultra Argentina tasting
Thu, Aug 16, 2018
Stay Tuned for some of the best wines from Argentina this tasting will feature new releases and a few older vintages from...