Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 Starmont Merlot Carneros
Description: 100% Merlot
Tasting Notes: We love Merlot from the southern part of Napa Valley, especially the Carneros AVA. The region’s cool climate and marine-based soils bring out the best in this Bordeaux variety. Our 2014 Carneros Merlot shows pretty aromas of strawberry, blackberry, milk chocolate, fresh rosemary, and red plum. On the palate it starts soft and round, shows sweet fruits and lusciousness on the mid-palate, and has well balanced acidity and tannins with a long finish that resolves nicely.
Vineyard Notes: All of the fruit was handpicked and hand sorted. After a cold soak of three days, the wine was fermented and macerated for 12 days. The wine was aged for 20 months in 11% new French oak, then racked to tank to finish and bottle unfined.
List Price: $22.50
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Fabre Montmayou Malbec Reserva Mendoza - Deep red color with violet tones. Very intense bouquet with notes of sappy cherry, currant, and baking spice. More red fruits f...
- 2013 Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne Romanee - (90 Points) Elegant and perfumed, showing black cherry, strawberry and spice flavors that linger on the finish. Best from 2017 ...
- 2014 G Chateau Guiraud Bordeaux Blanc - The only make 150,000 bottles, this is 105 hectare estate and they are in the city between the Church and Chateau D'Yquem, this...
- 2015 Charles Krug Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - This wine is produced from 100% Yountville fruit, 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petit Verdot, 1% Merlot and this wine has a beauti...
- 2013 Estancia Reserve Meritage Paso Robles - 69% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot, 10 Petit Verdot ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do You Fe...
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardly c...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 Menu 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena N...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 11, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Qupe wine tasting with Special Guest Bob Lindquist
Wed, Aug 15, 2018
Stay tuned for more details about this event featuring one of the founding fathers of the Rhone movement in Southern Cali...
Paul Hobbs Vina Cobos Bramare Ultra Argentina tasting
Thu, Aug 16, 2018
Stay Tuned for some of the best wines from Argentina this tasting will feature new releases and a few older vintages from...