Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 Duckhorn Decoy Merlot Sonoma
Winery notes: For more than three decades, Duckhorn Vineyards has been crafting exceptional Napa Valley Merlot reflecting the rich diversity of the valley’s many appellations Drawing on our winemaking team’s expertise working with this varietal, Decoy Sonoma County Merlot is a lush and inviting wine highlighting the elegance of the varietal from another exceptional growing region.
Vineyard Notes: 14 Vineyards Harvested
Production Notes: Varietal Content 88% Merlot, 8% Malbec, 4% Cabernet Franc Cooperage 10 months 100% French Oak 40% New, 60% Neutral
Winemaker Notes: This lush and inviting Merlot displays flavors of ripe blackberry, black cherry and cassis, underscored by hints of sweet spice, cocoa and leather. On the palate, balanced acidity adds poise and elegance, while silky, refined tannins carry the wine to a fruitful and concentrated finish.
Production: After getting off to a relatively early start, sunny skies and slightly above average temperatures made for a very consistent and speedy Sonoma County harvest. Yields were just a touch above average, and the quality was excellent across all varietals. Our final pick of pristine, perfectly ripe fruit came into our new winemaking facility on October 17th. Overall, 2014 delivered the third phenomenal vintage in a row, with exceptional color and concentration, and delicious aromas and flavors.
Released: April 2016
List Price: $24.75
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2016 Giocato Pinot Grigio Primorska - This Pinot Grigio is made from grapes hand-selected from some of the best sites alongthe Italian border in Slovenia. It is brig...
- 2016 Substance Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - (93 Points) The deep, inky-colored 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon that will see 12 months in French oak. It...
- 2011 Craggy Range Te Kahu Hawkes Bay - A blend of predominatley 69% Merlot with 9% Cabernet Franc, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Malbec blend. A bordeaux like bouquet...
- 2014 Two Sisters Chardonnay Courtney's Vineyard Santa Rita Hills - The Two Sisters wines are named after Bill & Carol Foley’s daughters Lindsay & Courtney. The wines come from the best b...
- 2014 Chalone Vineyard Pinot Noir Estate Chalone Appellation - A beautiful bouquet of black raspberry fruit, dark cherry, brown spices and pretty floral notes on the nose with a nice touch o...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do You Fe...
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardly c...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 Menu 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena N...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 11, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Qupe wine tasting with Special Guest Bob Lindquist
Wed, Aug 15, 2018
Stay tuned for more details about this event featuring one of the founding fathers of the Rhone movement in Southern Cali...
Paul Hobbs Vina Cobos Bramare Ultra Argentina tasting
Thu, Aug 16, 2018
Stay Tuned for some of the best wines from Argentina this tasting will feature new releases and a few older vintages from...