Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2013 Seven Hills Merlot Seven Hills Vineyard Walla Walla
This wine is drawn from the original Merlot block at Seven Hills Vineyard that I planted with my father in the summer of 1982. This vintage marks the 25th year I have been making Merlot from these same vines. The wine exhibits a beautiful, dense, ruby color and pungent, enticing aromas of plum chutney, cinnamon, marzipan, mocha, and a hint of iron-ore minerality. The palate is supple and generous with loads of rich red plum, currant, vanilla cream, baking spice, desert herbs, and dusty tannins. The finish is lush and lingering with a lovely balance and well integrated but firm tannins, ripe red fruits, and spice. As with all our reds from the 2013 vintage, it is delicious now and it will cellar well for an additional 5-7
years from release.
List Price: $37.50
Quantity in Stock: 8add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2016 Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Cuvee Napa - The first winery up on Prichard Hill, this is the Chappellet families entry level Cabernet Sauvignon blend and it does contain ...
- 2015 Seven Hills Dry Rose of Cabernet Franc Columbia Valley - Primarily Cabernet Franc, with small amounts of Petit Verdot for additional structure and Malbec. A light and refreshing rose w...
- 2012 Steele Stymie Merlot Lake County - Stymie was a famous racehorse in mid-twentieth century American history. Stymie was known for never giving up the lead when he ...
- 2013 Seven Hills Winery Ciel du Cheval Vineyards Red Mountain - This wine is our 13th vintage from the famed Ciel du Cheval Vineyard on Red Mountain, one of the oldest and most proven vineyar...
- 2012 Marion Cabernet Sauvignon Veneto - Inspired by the work of Quintarelli and the Alzero wine but this one is a 100% Cabernet Sauvignon produced the same way as the ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
Wine, Wine, Wine All hail the Grape Divine! Wine, Wine, Wine Makes everyone feel fine! ...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
This is our annual event to showcase the latest release of Penfolds Grange the iconic Shiraz of South Australia and one o...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena Napa Vall...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...