Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2013 Macrostie Chardonnay Carneros
A blend of grapes from several excellent vineyards in unique cool climate areas across Sonoma County, our signature Sonoma Coast Chardonnay is consistently noted for its excellent value and superb balance.
The wine is pale straw gold in color. Delicate floral aromas introduce this wine followed by lemon citrus and peach stone fruit notes. This wine has a soft entry with an essence of spice from a pie crust and candied orange peel flavors. There is pronounced weight in the mid-palate and finishes with a crisp yet lasting lemon citrus zest on the tongue. This vintage produced about 32,000 (750 ml) cases
All grapes went direct to press as whole clusters and then gently pressed. By pressing as whole clusters we can keep the wines delicate and bright. After settling, most of the juice was racked into French oak barrels for fermentation, 20% of which were new. Once the wines completed primary fermentation and a secondary, malo-lactic fermentation, the barrel-fermented lots were aged on the lees for six months, with occasional stirring to increase richness and body. To emphasize fruit aromatics a select few lots were fermented in stainless steel tanks and never went to barrel. The final blend was assembled prior to bottling, which ran the first two weeks of June 2014.
List Price: $25.50
Quantity in Stock: 1add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2016 Jules Taylor Sauvignon Blanc OTQ Marlborough - This wine is indulgence, Jules's little secret. On the quiet, she kept aside pockets of fruit showing special promise. Hand-pic...
- 2013 Charles Smith Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - A 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot, 4% Merlot, 1% Malbec romatic, classic, refined Cabernet Sa...
- 2012 Clos Pegase Chardonnay Carneros - The 2012 Mitsuko’s Vineyard Chardonnay possesses complex aromas of Meyer lemon, ripe pineapple, and white honeysuckle, framed b...
- 2016 Hahn SLH Pinot Noir - This is 100% Pinot Noir with a good amount of dark cherry fruit four vineyard blend and there is a nice floral quality to the n...
- 2014 Two Sisters Chardonnay Courtney's Vineyard Santa Rita Hills - The Two Sisters wines are named after Bill & Carol Foley’s daughters Lindsay & Courtney. The wines come from the best b...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Argentina Versus Chile Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 17, 2018
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” ― Josh Stern I gues...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 18, 2018
This week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday August 16th – Saturday 18th Parmesan & Jalapeno Salt Dusted Shoestrin...
Chateau Montelena Vertical Tasting back to 1996
Thu, Aug 23, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardl...
Super Rhone Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Aug 24, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman The wi...
1995 Bordeaux Magnum Wine Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 7, 2018
Music is just like wine. Each of us has very different tastes in what we like and dislike. The music that is “best” for ...
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti
Thu, Sep 13, 2018
Bertani Amarone Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Stefano Mangiarotti Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:30 PM ...
Los Vascos Wine Tasting with Winemaker Marcelo Gallardo at WWWB
Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event with one of Chile's top producers.
Enzo Cambria from Cottanera winery from Etna
Fri, Sep 21, 2018
Cottanera Barbazzale - DOC Sicilia Bianco 2017 89 pts VM (2016 vintage) Made fr...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Sep 22, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Louis Jadot Burgundy tasting with Managing Director Olivier Masmondet
Wed, Sep 26, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this great Burgundy wine tasting event.