Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2012 Kumeu River Estate Chardonnay New Zealand
A more reductive style which is due to solids that they rack the fluffy lees give them a bit of reduction . A blend of six different vineyards and some of the fruit is purchased but they farm the vineyards, 100 barrel fermented and 20% new oak. They use the serantine liner with the screw cap and this seals like a cork PVDC and this does not break down so minimal oxidation. A very burgundian style of Chardonnay with a good amount of green apple, white apricot and zesty lemon citrus fruit and a strong minerality to the bouquet that flinty quality diminishing a bit as the wine opens up. A very concentrated and rich wine for a leaner style lots of bright citrus and green aple fruit with a nice texture on the tongue, a firm hand of acidity 6-6.5 but they taste higher ph is low and the minerality also lends to add length on the finish. finish 45+ Excellent +
List Price: $36.00
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2015 Domaine Leflaive Pouilly Fuisse - description ...
- 2010 Meerlust Rubicon Stellenbosch - The 2010 Rubicon is a classic vintage of this iconic Cape wine. Very deep, youthful colour, and intense almost purple hue. Very...
- 2013 De Toren Z Red Blend South Africa - This soft, approachable ruby-hued beauty is a true testament to vines lovingly reared and winemaking raised to an art form. A R...
- 2012 Passopisciaro Contrada Guardiola Terre Siciliane - Contrada Guardiola is an old domain between 800 m and 1000 m asl, that was almost lost to the 1947’s eruption. It produces comp...
- 2014 Sadie Family Columella South Africa - The 2013 Columella is matured for ten months in cask with 10% new oak, and then another ten months in foudres; Eben believes th...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
volker-eisele cabernet 2013 Price: $60.00 volker-eisele terzetto 2014 Price: $82.50 volker-...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
This is our annual event to showcase the latest release of Penfolds Grange the iconic Shiraz of South Australia and one o...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena Napa Vall...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...