Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2015 Ramsay Cabernet Sauvignon North Coast
Ramsay Cabernet Sauvignon from the North Coast of California is always a great value in Cabernet, but this 2014 vintage is outstanding! Ramsay is the second-label of Kent Rasmussen, named for his wife, Celia Ramsay. Here is what winemaker Kent Rasmussen has to say about the last vintage:
“For this wine I reached out into the glorious vineyards of California’s North Coast and created an absolutely succulent blend made from grapes from Mendocino and Lake Counties. It was my first time using Cabernet from these areas, although I have made Pinot Noir for years out of these appellations. To tell the truth, I was knocked absolutely flat when I saw the quality of the wine as it finished fermentation---rich, fruity, structured…a true joy! The blend is mostly Cabernet, but has a bit of Petit Verdot and Merlot blended in too.”
Ramsay Cabernet Sauvignon is full-bodied and offers cassis and dark stone fruits layered with notes of cocoa, minerals and spice. While powerful and concentrated, there’s ample acidity and tannin to balance the intensity of fruit. The finish is long, smooth and lingering.
List Price: $17.25
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Benvolio Pinot Grigio Fruili - The soils of the region vary from the calcium rich marl and flysch sandstone in the more hilly regions to clay, sand and gravel...
- 2015 Substance Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - (92 Points) One of the best values I've tasted in a long time, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon from the team at K Vintners was hand...
- 2014 Spellbound Chardonnay California - This is mostly Lodi Fruit, cooler nights give it more crisp acidity and has both American and French oak. A good amount of ligh...
- 2014 Paul Hobbs Crossbarn Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - Vivid dark garnet color with a focused nose of black plums and dried herbs. The dense palate exudes Bing cherry, raspberry and ...
- 2013 Lucente Lavite Toscana - The vines are getting older and Lamberto Frescobaldi has been making the wine since day one 75% Merlot and 25% Sangio...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Sequoia Grove Wine Tasting with Special Guest Mike Trujillo President/Director of Winemaking at WWWB
Wed, Feb 21, 2018
What is better than to sit at the end of a day and drink wine with friends, or substitute for friends. -James Joyce ...
1980s Vintage Red Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 22, 2018
Water Separates the people of the world. Wine unites them. Our study in Burgundy continues this month and it w...
Chateau Latour Wine Tasting back to 1959 at WWWB
Fri, Feb 23, 2018
Bad news isn't wine. It doesn't improve with age. Colin Powell Life is short that is why I always say “...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Feb 24, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Rhone Tasting with importer Dan Kravitz at WWWB
Tue, Feb 27, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman You may...
Le Cimate Montefalco Wine Tasting with owner Paolo Bartoloni
Wed, Feb 28, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do...
Corte Alla Flora Vino Nobile Tasting with Owner Massimo Cragnotti at WWWB
Thu, Mar 1, 2018
“Most bad," the host concluded. "If you ask me, something sinister lurks in men who avoid wine, games, the company ...
Vintage Burgundy/Champagne and Barolo My B-Day Wines
Fri, Mar 2, 2018
Three of my favorite Things: Champagne, Pomerol, Burgundy and Toni's Cooking Friday March 2nd 7:30pm 2003 K...
Sottimano Winery Wine Tasting with Elena Sottimano
Wed, Mar 7, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event. Menu Tuna Tar Tar served in Grilled Portobello mushroom Deconstruct...
Augustin Lacaille from Chateau D'Issan, Pedesclaux & Lilian Ladouys at WWWB
Thu, Mar 8, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event! Menu Selection of Charcuterie Duck Confit Napoleon with Beemster Go...