Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2015 Ramsay Cabernet Sauvignon North Coast
Ramsay Cabernet Sauvignon from the North Coast of California is always a great value in Cabernet, but this 2014 vintage is outstanding! Ramsay is the second-label of Kent Rasmussen, named for his wife, Celia Ramsay. Here is what winemaker Kent Rasmussen has to say about the last vintage:
“For this wine I reached out into the glorious vineyards of California’s North Coast and created an absolutely succulent blend made from grapes from Mendocino and Lake Counties. It was my first time using Cabernet from these areas, although I have made Pinot Noir for years out of these appellations. To tell the truth, I was knocked absolutely flat when I saw the quality of the wine as it finished fermentation---rich, fruity, structured…a true joy! The blend is mostly Cabernet, but has a bit of Petit Verdot and Merlot blended in too.”
Ramsay Cabernet Sauvignon is full-bodied and offers cassis and dark stone fruits layered with notes of cocoa, minerals and spice. While powerful and concentrated, there’s ample acidity and tannin to balance the intensity of fruit. The finish is long, smooth and lingering.
List Price: $17.25
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Benvolio Pinot Grigio Fruili - The soils of the region vary from the calcium rich marl and flysch sandstone in the more hilly regions to clay, sand and gravel...
- 2015 Substance Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - (92 Points) One of the best values I've tasted in a long time, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon from the team at K Vintners was hand...
- 2014 Spellbound Chardonnay California - This is mostly Lodi Fruit, cooler nights give it more crisp acidity and has both American and French oak. A good amount of ligh...
- 2015 Paul Hobbs Crossbarn Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - Vivid dark garnet color with a focused nose of black plums and dried herbs. The dense palate exudes Bing cherry, raspberry and ...
- 2015 Hartford Court Chardonnay Four Hearts Russian River - This is a single vineyard and this wine has a good amount of ripe tropical fruit pineapple citrus and notes of crème flan and a...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2017 Walnut Block Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Price: $16.00 A good amount of tropical fruit, passion fruit, kiwi, g...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...