Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 Ramey Claret Napa
"...It instantly opens with aromas of dark plums and cherries along with tobacco, spices, dried sage and mineral notes all taking shape in the glass. This medium to full-bodied red offers a lovely seamless, round texture with wonderful balance and focus through the finish..." 90pts - Joe D'Angelo, International Wine Report, July 2016
2014 was another classic vintage. A mild winter and spring caused an early bud break followed by consistent temperatures throughout the summer, promoting even ripening.
This vintage’s blend sourcing is: 32% Napa Valley, 31% St. Helena, 11% Oakville, 9% Oak Knoll, 4% Napa-Carneros, 4% Mt. Veeder, 4% Yountville, 3% Sonoma Valley, 1% Rutherford, and 1% Calistoga.
This year's blend is 63% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 7% Malbec, 3% Syrah, 2% Petit Verdot and 1% Cabernet Franc.
Our Claret follows the Bordelaise model of blending different Bordeaux varietals. Malolactic fermentation is completed in barrel, and the blend is assembled early so it is “elevated” as the finished wine. Our 2014 Claret rested on its lees twelve months in French & American oak barrels, only 7% new, with monthly bâtonnage to coat the tannins, producing a luscious, cushioned mouthfeel. This wine was lightly fined with egg whites and bottled without filtration in January 2016.
This soft, easy-drinking Cabernet is a good introduction to the vintage, and while it will improve over the course of three to eight years, it is not a wine intended for long-term cellaring.
List Price: $44.00
Quantity in Stock: 3add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2011 Ramey Wine Cellars Syrah Sonoma Coast - Our Syrahs are grown in the cool climate of the Sonoma Coast which offers a style reminiscent of the Northern Rhone regions of ...
- 2012 Twomey Merlot Napa - Twomey Cellars Merlot is a vivacious wine that displays ideal ripeness from a uniquely cool California vintage. It has a dark g...
- 2014 Charles Krug Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - This wine is produced from 100% Yountville fruit, 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petit Verdot, 1% Merlot and this wine has a beauti...
- 2009 Castello Romitorio Brunello di Montalcino - (92 points) The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino comes across as thinner than past vintages but well-balanced thanks to the high al...
- 2014 Vine Cliff Los Carneros Chardonnay Napa - Los Carneros is one of the most prestigious Chardonnay growing area in California, and this wine demonstrates why. Bright and b...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...