Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2014 Ramey Claret Napa
"...It instantly opens with aromas of dark plums and cherries along with tobacco, spices, dried sage and mineral notes all taking shape in the glass. This medium to full-bodied red offers a lovely seamless, round texture with wonderful balance and focus through the finish..." 90pts - Joe D'Angelo, International Wine Report, July 2016
2014 was another classic vintage. A mild winter and spring caused an early bud break followed by consistent temperatures throughout the summer, promoting even ripening.
This vintage’s blend sourcing is: 32% Napa Valley, 31% St. Helena, 11% Oakville, 9% Oak Knoll, 4% Napa-Carneros, 4% Mt. Veeder, 4% Yountville, 3% Sonoma Valley, 1% Rutherford, and 1% Calistoga.
This year's blend is 63% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 7% Malbec, 3% Syrah, 2% Petit Verdot and 1% Cabernet Franc.
Our Claret follows the Bordelaise model of blending different Bordeaux varietals. Malolactic fermentation is completed in barrel, and the blend is assembled early so it is “elevated” as the finished wine. Our 2014 Claret rested on its lees twelve months in French & American oak barrels, only 7% new, with monthly bâtonnage to coat the tannins, producing a luscious, cushioned mouthfeel. This wine was lightly fined with egg whites and bottled without filtration in January 2016.
This soft, easy-drinking Cabernet is a good introduction to the vintage, and while it will improve over the course of three to eight years, it is not a wine intended for long-term cellaring.
List Price: $44.00
Quantity in Stock: 12add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Hedges Family Estate Red Mountain - Blend: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 8% Syrah, and 2% Malbec. Dark purple-black color. Aromas of dark...
- 2011 Ramey Wine Cellars Syrah Sonoma Coast - Our Syrahs are grown in the cool climate of the Sonoma Coast which offers a style reminiscent of the Northern Rhone regions of ...
- 2012 Twomey Merlot Napa - Twomey Cellars Merlot is a vivacious wine that displays ideal ripeness from a uniquely cool California vintage. It has a dark g...
- 2009 Castello Romitorio Brunello di Montalcino - (92 points) The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino comes across as thinner than past vintages but well-balanced thanks to the high al...
- 2013 Paul Hobbs Crossbarn Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - (93 Points) "Even better news is the Crossbarn 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa. There are 10,500+ cases of this wine, and while $5...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
A Study in Paullac back to 1959 at WWWB
Fri, Aug 18, 2017
One of Bordeaux’s top critics Hugh Johnson has said, "If one had to single out one commune of Bordeaux to head the list,...
End of the Summer Rose Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Aug 19, 2017
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most peopl...
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
"It's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right? It's, uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you ...
Ca Del Bosco Franciacorta Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine ...
1996 Vintage Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 25, 2017
1996 Krug Vintage Brut Champagne Price: $595.00 Sale Price: $495.00 Quantity in Stock: 19 (98 Points) ...
Wine and Food Pairing Night the Best of the Best last night of Summer
Sat, Aug 26, 2017
Tonight we have a special pairing menu and some large bottles to celebrate the end of August 2017.
Washington State Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 30, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event
2013 Barolo Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Sep 2, 2017
This is the latest release from my favorite wine region on Earth and the 2013's are being touted as the next GREAT vintag...
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Sep 9, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
New Zealand Tasting At Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Sep 13, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.