Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2013 St Supery Cabernet Sauvignon Dollarhide Ranch Napa
Saint Supéry, a fixture on highway 29 in Rutherford for over 30 years, is today owned by the house of Chanel. The winery has quietly been making an elite Cabernet Sauvignon from their Dollarhide Ranch vineyard in Pope Valley since 1995, and 2012 is the first year they employed an optical grape-sorting machine before the grapes went into the press, improving the quality of the wine even further. This may well be the best Dollarhide they've made.
The 2012 is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, boasting a creamy, rich mouthfeel, and that legendary Rutherford dust. The color is drenched in deep, dark reds and purples. The aromas keep coming: ripe black plum, currant and blackberry, anise, espresso and toasted oak, as well as a subtle thread of crème brûlée. A rich, dense profile follows with flavors of cassis and prune, ripe black fruits and molasses, with a fine, spicy French oak influence.
List Price: $97.50
Quantity in Stock: 5add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2016 Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay Russian River Ranches - description ...
- 2012 Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Knights Valley - A selection of the best fruit from their Knights valley, there are a bit of other varietals in the blend around 3%, dark curran...
- 2012 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon To Kalon Reserve - (95 Points) "An iron fist in a velvet glove, this begins with a supple, rich core of currant, black cherry, anise and sage, fir...
- 2015 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Aromatics of bing cherries, dusted, farm-ripe strawberries, red cassis and dark olive. There’s a rich, dense, dark fruit core, ...
- 2014 Ferrari Carano Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley - Ferrari-Carano Cabernet Sauvignon comes from mountain-grown fruit in Alexander Valley. Vibrant aromatics of cassis, mocha, drie...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2017 Walnut Block Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Price: $16.00 A good amount of tropical fruit, passion fruit, kiwi, g...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...