Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2013 Conch Y Toro Don Melchor Puenta Alta
(93 Points) 2012 is a short vintage, so the 2013 will be released towards the end of 2016. I tasted the 2013 Don Melchor, which contained 9% of Cabernet Franc to complement the Cabernet Sauvignon from Puente Alto in the Maipo Valley; the final blend was created from 23 lots of free-run juice wine and 39 lots of press wine. The blend is done with the help of Eric Boissenot (previously with his father Jacques). The wine matured in 66% new French oak barrels for some 15 months. I see this 2013 more in the line of the 2010 (and 2011). In fact, 2013 was a very cold year. The nose combines aromas of tobacco, iron and blood, dark cherries and some herbs. The palate shows something in between 2011 and 2012, medium to full-bodied with fruit, tannins and a slightly bitter finish. It should get polished with a little bit more time in bottle. 109,200 bottles produced. I also had the chance to preview the 2014 and 2015 vintages that were aging in barrel, still very young and primary. The Wine Advocate
List Price: $112.50
Quantity in Stock: 5add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Concha y Toro Carmenere Marques de Casa Concha Peumo - ... ...
- 2014 Undurraga Terroir Hunter Cabernet Sauvignon - (90 Points) "The 2014 TH Cabernet Sauvignon Alto Maipo was sourced from the classical zone of Pirque in Alto Maipo, a cooler lo...
- 2015 Concha Y Toro Cabernet Sauvignon Marques de Casa Concha Puenta Alto - This is upper Maipo valley and this is a great vintage for this wine, 100% varietal with that signature peppery spice and coffe...
- 2016 Los Vascos Chardonnay - The vineyard's own Chardonnay grapes are complemented by a selection of grapes from the Casablanca valley located further north...
- 2016 Montes Cherub Rose of Syrah Colchagua Valley Chile - Striking crystalline pink in color with blue at the rim. The Syrah confers tremendous aromatic complexity, primarily recalling ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau La Nerthe Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Christophe Bristiel
Thu, Sep 21, 2017
Like a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape · I'm fine like wine when I start to rap · We need body rockin', not perfection...
Vintage California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 22, 2017
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink: Good wine - a friend - or being dry -...
Wine Bar is Open!! Tonights Menu and BTG list
Sat, Sep 23, 2017
Black Truffle and Reggiano Parmesan Dusted French Fries Price: $10.00 Shutty Fries - Montreal Seasoned Steak Fries ...
Chateau Angelus and Chateau Haut Brion Collectors Cellar Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Sep 26, 2017
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could h...
Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar with Kurt Eckert at WWWB
Wed, Sep 27, 2017
Great wines taste like they come from somewhere. Lesser wines taste interchangeable; they could come from anywhere. You ...
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Sep 28, 2017
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:30 PM Bookwalter Couplet White Columbia Valley...
Artadi El Pison Vertical Tasting with Carlos Lopez de Lacalle at WWWB
Fri, Sep 29, 2017
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” – Shakespeare Tonight w...
Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of bodegas Luzon
Sat, Sep 30, 2017
Luzan and Friends Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of Bodegas Luzon Satuday Septemb...
Urbani Truffle and Prunotto Winery at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Oct 4, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Leroy versus DRC Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 5, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.