Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2013 Conch Y Toro Don Melchor Puenta Alta
(93 Points) 2012 is a short vintage, so the 2013 will be released towards the end of 2016. I tasted the 2013 Don Melchor, which contained 9% of Cabernet Franc to complement the Cabernet Sauvignon from Puente Alto in the Maipo Valley; the final blend was created from 23 lots of free-run juice wine and 39 lots of press wine. The blend is done with the help of Eric Boissenot (previously with his father Jacques). The wine matured in 66% new French oak barrels for some 15 months. I see this 2013 more in the line of the 2010 (and 2011). In fact, 2013 was a very cold year. The nose combines aromas of tobacco, iron and blood, dark cherries and some herbs. The palate shows something in between 2011 and 2012, medium to full-bodied with fruit, tannins and a slightly bitter finish. It should get polished with a little bit more time in bottle. 109,200 bottles produced. I also had the chance to preview the 2014 and 2015 vintages that were aging in barrel, still very young and primary. The Wine Advocate
List Price: $112.50
Quantity in Stock: 4add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Concha y Toro Carmenere Marques de Casa Concha Peumo - ... ...
- 2014 Undurraga Terroir Hunter Cabernet Sauvignon - (90 Points) "The 2014 TH Cabernet Sauvignon Alto Maipo was sourced from the classical zone of Pirque in Alto Maipo, a cooler lo...
- 2015 Concha Y Toro Cabernet Sauvignon Marques de Casa Concha Puenta Alto - This is upper Maipo valley and this is a great vintage for this wine, 100% varietal with that signature peppery spice and coffe...
- 2012 Steele Stymie Merlot Lake County - Stymie was a famous racehorse in mid-twentieth century American history. Stymie was known for never giving up the lead when he ...
- 2014 Finca Villacreces Pruno Ribera Del Duero - 90 Points "Plum and boysenberry flavors are ripe and juicy in this plump red. Notes of tar and mineral impart a savory aspect,...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot 2016 Burgundy Seminar at 11:30am with winemaker Federic Barnier and at 7:30pm without Federic
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
2016 Vintage Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar at Wine Watch Wine Bar Tuesday, January 30th 11:30am or 7:30pm Th...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...
2005 Vintage White Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Feb 9, 2018
2005 Louis Carillon Puligny-Montrachet 750ml Price: $69.00 Your Price: $60.72 Quantity in Stock: 13 2005 L...