Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2012 Woodward Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon Old Vines Washington
(95 POINTS) The biggest, most rich, mineral-laced and massive wine in the portfolio, the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Old Vines gives up lots of currants, charcoal, smoke earth and chocolate to go with a full-bodied, concentrated, structured and backward profile. This has lots of oak, lots of tannin, and lots of potential, but it should only be purchased by patient consumers. Give it 5-7 years and enjoy bottles over the following two decades. This is 91% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Petit Verdot, mostly from the crème de la crème Champoux Vineyard, which spent 21 months in 100% new French oak. It’s up with the top wines of the vintage and readers looking for a classic, serious and age-worthy Bordeaux blend from Washington need look no further. Wine Advocate
List Price: $115.50
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Woodward Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon Artist Series Washington - (92 Points) "Bright medium red-ruby. Initially brooding aromas of cassis, licorice, minerals, cocoa powder, menthol and mocha ...
- 2006 Chateau Pontet Canet Pauillac - (95 Points) The 2006 is a wine to stockpile, especially for those in their thirties and forties as it needs another decade to r...
- 2012 Chateau Lilian Ladouys St Estephe - A big of a green vegetal note to the nose with cigar box spice some fresh earth and red currant berry fruit on the nose. This ...
- 2012 Swanson Alexis Napa - 90 Cabernet, 10 Merlot, Dense and rich with lots of dark chocolate sweet black cherry currants cassis and dark earth and espres...
- 2012 Figgins Estate Red - (96 Points) "The Figgins 2012 Estate Red Wine is flat-out knockout stuff. Layered, gorgeously concentrated, full-bodied, and ba...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
"It's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right? It's, uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you ...
Ca Del Bosco Franciacorta Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine ...
1996 Vintage Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 25, 2017
"[The senior partner] sipped [the French wine grower's Burgundy], rolled it round his tongued and swallowed it while...
Wine and Food Pairing Night the Best of the Best last night of Summer
Sat, Aug 26, 2017
Tonight we have a special pairing menu and some large bottles to celebrate the end of August 2017. Bacon Fat Frie...
Washington State Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 30, 2017
Washington State Tasting at WWWB Wednesday, August 30th 7:30pm Woodward Canyon Merlot Price: $48.75 Woodward C...
2013 Barolo Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Sep 2, 2017
This is the latest release from my favorite wine region on Earth and the 2013's are being touted as the next GREAT vintag...
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Sep 9, 2017
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon tasting at WWWB Saturday, September 9th 7:30 pm 1974 Ingelnook Cabernet Sauvign...
New Zealand Tasting At Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Sep 13, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Marchesi Di Barolo Dinner at WWWB with special guest Valentina Abbona
Thu, Sep 14, 2017
"Wine is dead." - Aimé Guibert Who is this person Aime Guibert and to start such a horrible rumor!! There should be ...
1997 Vintage California Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 15, 2017
1997 Barbour Cabernet Sauvignon Napa 1997 Behrens and Hitchcock Cabernet Sauvignon Cuvee Lola Napa 1997 Beaulie...