Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2012 Woodward Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon Old Vines Washington
(95 POINTS) The biggest, most rich, mineral-laced and massive wine in the portfolio, the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Old Vines gives up lots of currants, charcoal, smoke earth and chocolate to go with a full-bodied, concentrated, structured and backward profile. This has lots of oak, lots of tannin, and lots of potential, but it should only be purchased by patient consumers. Give it 5-7 years and enjoy bottles over the following two decades. This is 91% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Petit Verdot, mostly from the crème de la crème Champoux Vineyard, which spent 21 months in 100% new French oak. It’s up with the top wines of the vintage and readers looking for a classic, serious and age-worthy Bordeaux blend from Washington need look no further. Wine Advocate
List Price: $115.50
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2006 Joseph Phelps Insignia Napa - (94-96 Points) Since 2004, 100% of the Bordeaux varietals used in the Insignia proprietary blend have been from estate vineyard...
- 2012 Woodward Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon Artist Series Washington - (92 Points) "Bright medium red-ruby. Initially brooding aromas of cassis, licorice, minerals, cocoa powder, menthol and mocha ...
- 2012 Chateau Lilian Ladouys St Estephe - A big of a green vegetal note to the nose with cigar box spice some fresh earth and red currant berry fruit on the nose. This ...
- 2012 Swanson Alexis Napa - 90 Cabernet, 10 Merlot, Dense and rich with lots of dark chocolate sweet black cherry currants cassis and dark earth and espres...
- 2012 Figgins Estate Red - (96 Points) "The Figgins 2012 Estate Red Wine is flat-out knockout stuff. Layered, gorgeously concentrated, full-bodied, and ba...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau La Dominique Saint Emilion Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Oct 18, 2017
"You have only so many bottles in your life, never drink a bad one." Len Evans We intend to drink every bot...
Chateau Pape Clement Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 19, 2017
"When it came to writing about wine, I did what almost everybody does - faked it" - Art Buchwald We’re no...
Joseph Phelps Insignia Vertical Bring a bottle from your cellar collectors tasting at WWWB
Fri, Oct 20, 2017
"Oh I'd be a rich man if I had all the money I owe. But to have that much, I oughta' help them sell my soul. One a...
Duck Tales Hour Tasting with a focus on the #Merlotme
Sat, Oct 21, 2017
“I like wine that sounds good and I like rock ‘n’ roll.” Michael Browne, Kosta-Browne We also like Rock and...
La Crema Versus Siduri Throwdown Tasting it's all about the dirt - Pinot Noir Terroir Challenge
Tue, Oct 24, 2017
"Drinking is like pouring smiles on your brain." Chris Hardwick At one-time Pinot Noir was thought to be the w...
Chateau Palmer Wine tasting at WWWB with Jean Louis Carbonnier
Wed, Oct 25, 2017
Chateau Palmer Tasting at WWWb with special guest Jean Louis Carbonnier Alter Ego de Chateau Margaux 2009 (Mag...
Aldo Conterno Barolo and White Truffle Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 26, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
My first loves:champagne, Barolo, Pomerol and Toni's cooking
Fri, Oct 27, 2017
This is our first annual "first loves" event at our new Wine Bar! An unforgettable evening - I promise!!
Sleight of Hand Tasting With Trey Bush at WWWB
Sat, Oct 28, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Private Event Wine Bar is Closed
Wed, Nov 1, 2017
stay tuned for more info on this event.