Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2012 Groth Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Napa
This is the first wine to get 100 points from Robert Parker Jr. with the 1985 vintage, Michael Weis has been the winemaker here since 1983. The Merlot is from Yountville but everything else is from a single vineyard site from the first vintage in 1983, they replanted this in 1999 due to phylozera and did not make a wine till the vineyard was replanted and this wine is the 12th leaf from this replanted site. Dark currant and cassis berry fruit black raspberry and an array of dark spices, earth and more, a very rich and complex array of fuit, earth and spice, 7000 6pks of with 9% merlot in the blend. 100% new oak for 24 months, a very rich and dense quality to the palate, this wine is a little monster but has wonderful balance and elegance. Finsih 50+ KILLER
List Price: $135.00
Quantity in Stock: 9add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2013 Groth Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Napa - Winery Notes: The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon is big and lush with huge gobs of fruit in the aroma and flavor. The texture of the ...
- 2015 Hall Sauvignon Blanc Napa - (90 Points) "Key lime pie, melon and citrus flavors are bright and refreshing, with a succulent edge to the fleshy texture. Det...
- 2006 Dom Perignon Brut Champagne - (97 Points) "The 2006 Dom Pérignon is a beautifully balanced, harmonious Dom Pérignon that strikes an incredibly appealing styl...
- 2014 Spellbound Chardonnay California - This is mostly Lodi Fruit, cooler nights give it more crisp acidity and has both American and French oak. A good amount of ligh...
- 2014 Shafer One Point Five Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - (90-92 Points) A revelation, it is hard to believe the 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon One Point Five (95% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% P...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
End of the Summer Rose Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Aug 19, 2017
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most peopl...
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
"It's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right? It's, uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you ...
Ca Del Bosco Franciacorta Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine ...
1996 Vintage Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 25, 2017
"[The senior partner] sipped [the French wine grower's Burgundy], rolled it round his tongued and swallowed it whi...
Wine and Food Pairing Night the Best of the Best last night of Summer
Sat, Aug 26, 2017
Tonight we have a special pairing menu and some large bottles to celebrate the end of August 2017.
Washington State Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 30, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event
2013 Barolo Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Sep 2, 2017
This is the latest release from my favorite wine region on Earth and the 2013's are being touted as the next GREAT vintag...
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Sep 9, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
New Zealand Tasting At Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Sep 13, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Marchesi Di Barolo Dinner at WWWB with special guest Valentina Abbona
Thu, Sep 14, 2017
"Wine is dead." - Aimé Guibert Who is this person Aime Guibert and to start such a horrible rumor!! There should be ...