Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2012 Groth Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Napa
This is the first wine to get 100 points from Robert Parker Jr. with the 1985 vintage, Michael Weis has been the winemaker here since 1983. The Merlot is from Yountville but everything else is from a single vineyard site from the first vintage in 1983, they replanted this in 1999 due to phylozera and did not make a wine till the vineyard was replanted and this wine is the 12th leaf from this replanted site. Dark currant and cassis berry fruit black raspberry and an array of dark spices, earth and more, a very rich and complex array of fuit, earth and spice, 7000 6pks of with 9% merlot in the blend. 100% new oak for 24 months, a very rich and dense quality to the palate, this wine is a little monster but has wonderful balance and elegance. Finsih 50+ KILLER
List Price: $135.00
Quantity in Stock: 8add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2013 Groth Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Napa - Winery Notes: The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon is big and lush with huge gobs of fruit in the aroma and flavor. The texture of the ...
- 2009 Dom Perignon Brut Champagne - 97 points James Suckling This is a DP that shows the ripeness of the 2009 vintage yet remains full of energy. Gorgeous ...
- 2016 Hall Sauvignon Blanc Napa - Light yellow in hue with a hint of green, this polished Sauvignon Blanc emanates freshness. Aromas of lemon zest and green mang...
- 2014 Spellbound Chardonnay California - This is mostly Lodi Fruit, cooler nights give it more crisp acidity and has both American and French oak. A good amount of ligh...
- 2014 Shafer One Point Five Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - (90-92 Points) A revelation, it is hard to believe the 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon One Point Five (95% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% P...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau Angelus Collectors Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Hubert de Bouard
Thu, Jan 18, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could ...
The Biggest Wine Tasting of the Year Wine Watch's Best of 2017 tasting at the new WWWB
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
You don't want to miss the 35 year party that is "Best of 2017" - Trust me don't ask the price, just make your reservatio...
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm