Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2010 Blackbird Vineyards Contrarian Napa
They make around 25 barrels of this wine, under 10,000 cases of everything made at Napa Wine Company. A blend of 48% Cabernet Sauvignon 42% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, 21 months all French oak, the biggest of all the wines with a host of dark plum and currant berry fruit wtih dark spices, mocha, fresh plowed earth very nuanced bouquet. A good hand of rich well endowed black berry, currant and black plum, firm tannins and a good hand of acidity, balanced with a long layered finish, this wine has it all just needs time. Finish 50+ Most Excellent +
List Price: $134.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Saxum James Berry Paso Robles - . ...
- 2013 Hartwell Sauvignon Blanc Napa - Three Sauvignon Blanc clones provide distinct characteristics in this intensely flavorful wine from our four-acre estate vineya...
- 2014 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc Russian River - 90 points "The beautiful 2014 Sauvignon Blanc shows copious quantities of melons, a touch of hon...
- NV Alfred Gratien Brut Champagne - This is a small artisan house with only 25,000 cases total production, they purchase most of their fruit 65% only premier cru a...
- 2011 Craggy Range Le Sol Hawks Bay - The soils are the important thing here and this old vine Syrah is incredibly rich with an array of dark plum, black cherry liqu...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot 2016 Burgundy Seminar at 11:30am with winemaker Federic Barnier and at 7:30pm without Federic
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
2016 Vintage Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar at Wine Watch Wine Bar Tuesday, January 30th 11:30am or 7:30pm Th...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...
2005 Vintage White Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Feb 9, 2018
2005 Louis Carillon Puligny-Montrachet 750ml Price: $69.00 Your Price: $60.72 Quantity in Stock: 13 2005 L...