Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2009 David Arthur Meritaggio Napa
Meritaggio is the brainchild of the Long Brothers. Wanting to fulfill his desire of producing a fine Meritage blend, David set out to find clones of the five classic Bordeaux varietals. On his travels, he came across Sangiovese, which stole the spotlight from any Malbec he had ever tasted. Bob had the brilliance to name the wine, â€œMeritaggioâ€ in honor of Sangioveseâ€™s Italian heritage. We have continued the Merritaggo tradition ever since, always selecting the finest of our estate varietals for this special blend each year. This year the Meritaggio is a blend of 60 percent Cabernet Sauvignon from three different blocks,18 percent Sangiovese, 9 percent Cabernet Franc and 5 Percent Petite Verdot. Slowly aged in 60 percent new French oak, the wine was bottled after multiple gentle rackings and 22 months of rest. Only 839 cases were produced.
List Price: $77.25
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2011 David Arthur Cabernet Sauvignon Three Acre Napa - (87 points) The 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon Three Acre (89% Cabernet Sauvignon and 11% Petit Verdot) offers attractive aromas of c...
- 2011 David Arthur Elevation 1147 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - Always 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, only 540 cases produced, 100% new French oak treatment. This wine has a very rich and forward b...
- 2004 Chateau Barde Haut St. Emilion - (91 points) A gorgeous nose of ripe raspberry, with hints of vanilla and blackberry. Intense yet subtle. Full-bodied, with lots...
- 2012 David Arthur Meritaggio Napa - A blend of 54% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot, 3% petit Verdot and 3% Cabernet Franc in the blend this year. Me...
- 2011 Figgins Estate Red Walla Walla - (93 points) A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot and Merlot, the 2011 Figgins Estate Red is excellent in the vintage, ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...