Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2004 Sloan Cabernet Sauvignon Napa
(98 points) The 2004 Sloan’s spectacular inky/purple/garnet color is followed by notes of high quality espresso roast, chocolate, black currants, truffles and a striking minerality. Full-bodied and super-rich with that roasted character that one finds in Cote Rotie and some of the great Haut-Brions from Pessac-Leognan, this full-bodied, rich 2004 is a super-star of the vintage. Although the tannins are elevated, they are extremely sweet and well-integrated. This spectacular 2004 is performing even better now than it did following bottling. It is also one of the more developed and evolved vintages of Sloan, no doubt because that was the nature of the 2004 vintage. Drink it now and over the next two decades.
Wine Advocate #212 Apr 2014
List Price: $375.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2009 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon - (95-98 Points) Iâ€™ll keep my notes on the 2009s brief, but as one can see, these are among the superstars of the vintage. I do...
- 2006 Sloan Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - (98 points) The 2006 is performing even better from bottle than it did from barrel. Sloan and McClellan decided to bottle it la...
- 2007 Schramsberg J Schram Brut - From the inception of our efforts in 1965, we have sought to achieve the greatest elegance and individuality possible in our sp...
- 2011 Dolce Napa (375ml) - The 2011 Dolce presents butterscotch and citrus fruit aromas enriched with toasted caramel crème brûlée and vanilla. As promise...
- 2013 Lewis Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - We make four unique cabernets but the Napa Valley Cab is our preferred daily driver. Not a hybrid or 4-cylinder econo-box; more...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Vine Cliff Winery Wine Tasting with Mike Heliotes at WWWB
Wed, Jan 17, 2018
My name is August West and I love my Pearly Baker best more than my wine ...more than My wine more th...
Chateau Angelus Collectors Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Hubert de Bouard
Thu, Jan 18, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could ...
The Biggest Wine Tasting of the Year Wine Watch's Best of 2017 tasting at the new WWWB
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
You don't want to miss the 35 year party that is "Best of 2017" - Trust me don't ask the price, just make your reservatio...
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
There are only 16 spaces available for this event. We also have another party of 20 this evening so there are no tables ...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...