Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2001 Arietta H Block Napa
(92 Points) The opaque purple-colored 2001 Arietta (60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc) was very closed when I tasted it. Tightly wound, with dense, full-bodied notes of black fruits, charcoal, smoke, earth, and pain grille, it is big and rich, but tight, structured, and backward. Give it 3-5 years of cellaring, and drink it over the following 12-15. I do not believe it will ever achieve the aromatic complexity exhibited by the 2000. Winemaker and part owner, John Kongsgaard, produces these wines in partnership with auctioneer, Fritz Hatton. They are all fashioned from fruit grown in the â€œH Blockâ€ of the Hudson Vineyard, the highest point on that large ranch. The vineyard is planted in white volcanic ash-dominated soils. The Cabernet Franc/Merlot blend is the Arietta and the Syrah/Merlot blend is named Variation One. These striking offerings have a European sensitivity for elegance, structure, and delineation, but are clearly products of California, as evidenced by their prodigious ripeness as well as intensity. They are expensive, but impressive efforts that should be long-lived.
List Price: $120.00
Quantity in Stock: 1add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Los Vascos Grande Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Colchagua Chile - Beautiful ruby red color. Aromas of fresh, ripe fruits like raspberry, cherry, and plum can be discerned in the nose, along wit...
- 2010 Barone Ricasoli Brolio Chianti Classico Riserva - This wine was born from a selection of the grapes intended for the production of Brolio Chianti Classico. A traditional Reserve...
- 2008 Cain Five Napa - (88 points) Supple-textured and understated, with savory herb and dill-laced currant flavors that are distinctive and nuanced, ...
- 2011 Pott Her Majesty's Secret Service Cabernet Sauvignon Stagecoach Vineyard Napa - Up, way up in the Eastern hills of Napa Valley - a colossal 700 planted-acres of vines - lies Dr. Krupp’s Stagecoach Vineyards,...
- 2007 Seghesio Barbera d'Alba La Chiesa - A very ripe and jammy wine with lots of dark cherry liqueur like fruit and this wine is made from some of the oldest vines on t...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau La Nerthe Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Christophe Bristiel
Thu, Sep 21, 2017
Like a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape · I'm fine like wine when I start to rap · We need body rockin', not perfection...
Vintage California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 22, 2017
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink: Good wine - a friend - or being dry -...
Chateau Angelus and Chateau Haut Brion Collectors Cellar Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Sep 26, 2017
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you c...
Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar with Kurt Eckert at WWWB
Wed, Sep 27, 2017
Great wines taste like they come from somewhere. Lesser wines taste interchangeable; they could come from anywhere. You ...
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Sep 28, 2017
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:30 PM Bookwalter Couplet White Columbia Valley...
Artadi El Pison Vertical Tasting with Carlos Lopez de Lacalle at WWWB
Fri, Sep 29, 2017
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” – Shakespeare Tonight w...
Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of bodegas Luzon
Sat, Sep 30, 2017
Luzan and Friends Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of Bodegas Luzon Satuday Septemb...
Urbani Truffle and Prunotto Winery at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Oct 4, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Leroy versus DRC Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 5, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
California Cult Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Oct 6, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.