Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2000 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St Julien
(99 Points) This wine has put on weight and, as impressive as it was from cask, it is even more brilliant from bottle. Only 35% of the crop made it into the 2000 Leoville Las Cases, a blend of 76.8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14.4% Merlot, and 8.8% Cabernet Franc. The wine is truly profound, with an opaque purple color and a tight but promising nose of vanilla, sweet cherry liqueur, black currants, and licorice in a dense, full-bodied, almost painfully rich, intense style with no hard edges. This seamless classic builds in the mouth, with a finish that lasts over 60 seconds. Still primary, yet extraordinarily pure, this compelling wine, which continues to build flavor intensity and exhibit additional layers of texture, is a tour de force in winemaking and certainly one of the great Leoville Las Cases. In another sense, it symbolizes / pays homage to proprietor Michel Delon, who passed away in 2000. Michel has been succeeded by his son, Jean-Hubert, another perfectionist. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2040. Wine Advocate # 146 April 2003
List Price: $350.00
Sale Price: $275.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2003 Mommessin Clos De Tart Grand Cru - (95 Points) Aromas of tar and smoke, with very pure, concentrated blackberry and spice notes underneath mark this exotic, seduc...
- 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothchild Pauillac (mid shoulder fill) - (100 Points) Opaque purple-colored showing absolutely no signs of lightening, Mouton's 1982 is a backward wine. Still tasting l...
- 2003 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St Julien - (93 Points) The solidly made 2003 Leoville Las-Cases (13.2% alcohol) is a blend of 70.2% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17.2% Merlot, and ...
- 1996 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St. Julien MAGNUM - (98 Points) Having previously rated it nearly perfect, I was apprehensive of a letdown about tasting the 1996 Leoville Las Case...
- 1982 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St. Julien - (100 Points) Tasted three times over a two month period, this youthful yet profoundly complex wine gets my nod as the finest Le...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Vintage California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 22, 2017
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink: Good wine - a friend - or being dry -...
Wine Bar is Open!! Tonights Menu and BTG list
Sat, Sep 23, 2017
Black Truffle and Reggiano Parmesan Dusted French Fries Price: $10.00 Shutty Fries - Montreal Seasoned Steak Fries ...
Chateau Angelus and Chateau Haut Brion Collectors Cellar Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Sep 26, 2017
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could ...
Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar with Kurt Eckert at WWWB
Wed, Sep 27, 2017
Great wines taste like they come from somewhere. Lesser wines taste interchangeable; they could come from anywhere. You ...
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Sep 28, 2017
"It ends with a finish that's long overdue and I think this would go well with a gun." - Brad Zimmerman, comedian...
Artadi El Pison Vertical Tasting with Carlos Lopez de Lacalle at WWWB
Fri, Sep 29, 2017
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” – Shakespeare Tonight w...
Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of bodegas Luzon
Sat, Sep 30, 2017
Luzan and Friends Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of Bodegas Luzon Satuday Septemb...
Urbani Truffle and Prunotto Winery at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Oct 4, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Leroy versus DRC Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 5, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
California Cult Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Oct 6, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.