Loire Valley Reds
Pinot Gris / Grigio / Blanc
Gamay / Beaujolais
Syrah / Shiraz
Rhone varietals / Rhone
Oregon & Washington
Amarone / Valpolicella
Italian Red - Other
Sangiovese / Tuscany
Chile & Argentina
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Dessert Wine & Port
2000 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St Julien
(99 Points) This wine has put on weight and, as impressive as it was from cask, it is even more brilliant from bottle. Only 35% of the crop made it into the 2000 Leoville Las Cases, a blend of 76.8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14.4% Merlot, and 8.8% Cabernet Franc. The wine is truly profound, with an opaque purple color and a tight but promising nose of vanilla, sweet cherry liqueur, black currants, and licorice in a dense, full-bodied, almost painfully rich, intense style with no hard edges. This seamless classic builds in the mouth, with a finish that lasts over 60 seconds. Still primary, yet extraordinarily pure, this compelling wine, which continues to build flavor intensity and exhibit additional layers of texture, is a tour de force in winemaking and certainly one of the great Leoville Las Cases. In another sense, it symbolizes / pays homage to proprietor Michel Delon, who passed away in 2000. Michel has been succeeded by his son, Jean-Hubert, another perfectionist. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2040. Wine Advocate # 146 April 2003
List Price: $350.00
Sale Price: $275.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2003 Mommessin Clos De Tart Grand Cru - (95 Points) Aromas of tar and smoke, with very pure, concentrated blackberry and spice notes underneath mark this exotic, seduc...
- 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothchild Pauillac (mid shoulder fill) - (100 Points) Opaque purple-colored showing absolutely no signs of lightening, Mouton's 1982 is a backward wine. Still tasting l...
- 2003 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St Julien - (93 Points) The solidly made 2003 Leoville Las-Cases (13.2% alcohol) is a blend of 70.2% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17.2% Merlot, and ...
- 1996 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St. Julien MAGNUM - (98 Points) Having previously rated it nearly perfect, I was apprehensive of a letdown about tasting the 1996 Leoville Las Case...
- 1982 Chateau Leoville Las Cases St. Julien - (100 Points) Tasted three times over a two month period, this youthful yet profoundly complex wine gets my nod as the finest Le...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Sequoia Grove Wine Tasting with Special Guest Mike Trujillo President/Director of Winemaking at WWWB
Wed, Feb 21, 2018
What is better than to sit at the end of a day and drink wine with friends, or substitute for friends. -James Joyce ...
1980s Vintage Red Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 22, 2018
Water Separates the people of the world. Wine unites them. Our study in Burgundy continues this month and it w...
Chateau Latour Wine Tasting back to 1959 at WWWB
Fri, Feb 23, 2018
Bad news isn't wine. It doesn't improve with age. Colin Powell Life is short that is why I always say “...
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Sat, Feb 24, 2018
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Rhone Tasting with importer Dan Kravitz at WWWB
Tue, Feb 27, 2018
Okay we poppin champagne like we won a championship game - Popping Bottles by Lil Wayne and Birdman You may...
Le Cimate Montefalco Wine Tasting with owner Paolo Bartoloni
Wed, Feb 28, 2018
Le Cimate Montefalco Wine Tasting with owner Paolo Bartoloni Wednesday, February 28th 7:30pm ARAGON – UMBR...
Corte Alla Flora Vino Nobile Tasting with Owner Massimo Cragnotti at WWWB
Thu, Mar 1, 2018
Corte Alla Flora Vino Nobile Tasting with Owner Massimo Cragnotti at WWWB Thursday, March 1st 7:30pm 2015 ...
Vintage Burgundy/Champagne and Barolo My B-Day Wines
Fri, Mar 2, 2018
Three of my favorite Things: Champagne, Pomerol, Burgundy and Toni's Cooking Friday March 2nd 7:30pm 2003 K...
Sottimano Winery Wine Tasting with Elena Sottimano
Wed, Mar 7, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event. Menu Tuna Tar Tar served in Grilled Portobello mushroom Deconstruct...
Augustin Lacaille from Chateau D'Issan, Pedesclaux & Lilian Ladouys at WWWB
Thu, Mar 8, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event! Menu Selection of Charcuterie Duck Confit Napoleon with Beemster Go...