Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
1998 Penfolds Grange South Australia
(99 Points) The 1998 Grange will be legendary. A blend of 97% Shiraz and 3% Cabernet Sauvignon, it tips the scales at a whopping 14.5% alcohol. The inky/purple color is followed by an extraordinarily intense nose of creme de cassis intermixed with blueberry and floral notes. As the wine sits in the glass, aromas of meat, plums, and cola also emerge. It is a seamless effort with sweet tannin, well-integrated acidity, sensational extract, and layer upon layer of blackberry and cassis fruit that stain the palate and fill the mouth. Its harmony, freshness, and remarkable length (the finish lasts nearly a minute) suggest an all-time classic. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2030. Wine Advocate # 148 August 2003
List Price: $500.00
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2002 Penfolds Grange South Australia - (98 Points) Last but not least is Australia's most famous wine, the 2002 Shiraz Grange. The 2002 version was sourced from 77.5%...
- 2003 Penfolds Grange South Australia - (94 Points) Supple, ripe and generous with its blueberry, plum and mocha flavors, riding easily over finely wrought tannins and...
- 2010 Penfolds Grange - (99 Points) The 2010 Grange is a 4% Cabernet Sauvignon and 96% Shiraz blend made from Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, Adelaide ...
- 2000 Penfolds Grange - (93)Penfolds renowned 2000 Grange is only the fifth vintage to be made from 100% Shiraz (the others being 1951, 1952, 1963, and...
- 1997 Penfolds Grange - (94 points) The 1997 Grange (a blend of 96% Shiraz and 4% Cabernet Sauvignon) looks to be a classic Grange, although slightly ...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
1997 Vintage Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 3, 2017
“History’s lessons drowned in red wine” Children’s Crusade by Sting I’M GOING TO KEEP THIS SHORT...
Chilean Wine Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 4, 2017
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” ― Josh Stern I gue...
Magnum Party at WWWB
Sat, Aug 5, 2017
"Drinking is like pouring smiles on your brain." Chris Hardwick This is another in the series of events that we ...
Argentina Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 9, 2017
Twenty One Wines - Argentina Cuvelier Collection cuvelier Grand Vin Cuvelier Perlita malbec Diamandes Chard...
Super Syrah Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Aug 10, 2017
This tasting is part of the extensive research that we are doing here at the Wine Watch. Tonight we are testing o...
Meursault Study at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Aug 11, 2017
Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don't starve myself in an extremist way. You'...
Riesling and Syrah wine pairing night at WWWB
Sat, Aug 12, 2017
stay tuned for more info on this event.
Aubert Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 16, 2017
Aubert Wine Tasting at WWWB Wednesday, August 16th 7:30pm 2012 Aubert Chardonnay Lauren Vineyard Price:...
A Study in Paullac
Fri, Aug 18, 2017
One of Bordeaux’s top critics Hugh Johnson has said, "If one had to single out one commune of Bordeaux to head the list,...
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.