Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2012 Al Cantara Muddichi di Suli Nerello Mascalese
This wine is a varietal of Nerello Mascalese in order to enhance the characteristics of this native grape of Etna.?The vineyard is located in the north slope of the volcano at an altitude of 650 meters above sea level. The volcanic soil is rich in minerals and structure. The vineyard is cultivated in espalier with a density of 6.000 vines per hectare.?The grapes are harvested by hand in small baskets and immediately pressed and separated from the stems. The grapes are collected in stainless steel tanks where fermentation takes place together with the marc (skins) at a temperature of 25 ° C. After 5 days the marc is pressed and the fermentation is completed in steel tanks.?After the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is placed in stainless steel tanks where the malolactic fermentation takes place on the lees (sur lie). The wine is ruby red, transparent with good consistency. On the nose, we perceive hints of red fruits, cherry and spices.?In the mouth, it is soft, fresh with elegant tannins, dry with a long finish.
List Price: $26.50
Quantity in Stock: 6add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Al Cantara Lu Veru Piaciri Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio - This wine is the result of our search for simplicity, the search for the simple things we need to escape the grind and toil of ...
- 2008 Al Cantara O'Scuru O'scuru Etna Rosso - A blend of the Two Nerellos Mascalesi and Cappuccio, a good amount of minerality here also along with a game like character to ...
- 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG - 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG ...
- 2012 Al Cantara La Fata Galanti Nerello Cappuccio - Nerello Cappuccio is the grape variety of this wine; traditionally this variety is blended together with the Nerello Mascalese ...
- 2012 Januik Chardonnay Cold Creek Vineyard - Fresh and fleshy, showing citrusy apple and spice flavors that dance lightly through the finish, lingering attentively. Drink n...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
A Study in Paullac back to 1959 at WWWB
Fri, Aug 18, 2017
One of Bordeaux’s top critics Hugh Johnson has said, "If one had to single out one commune of Bordeaux to head the list,...
End of the Summer Rose Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Aug 19, 2017
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most peopl...
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
"It's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right? It's, uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you ...
Ca Del Bosco Franciacorta Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine ...
1996 Vintage Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 25, 2017
1996 Krug Vintage Brut Champagne Price: $595.00 Sale Price: $495.00 Quantity in Stock: 19 (98 Points) ...
Wine and Food Pairing Night the Best of the Best last night of Summer
Sat, Aug 26, 2017
Tonight we have a special pairing menu and some large bottles to celebrate the end of August 2017.
Washington State Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 30, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event
2013 Barolo Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Sep 2, 2017
This is the latest release from my favorite wine region on Earth and the 2013's are being touted as the next GREAT vintag...
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Sep 9, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
New Zealand Tasting At Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Sep 13, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.