Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2012 Al Cantara Muddichi di Suli Nerello Mascalese
This wine is a varietal of Nerello Mascalese in order to enhance the characteristics of this native grape of Etna.?The vineyard is located in the north slope of the volcano at an altitude of 650 meters above sea level. The volcanic soil is rich in minerals and structure. The vineyard is cultivated in espalier with a density of 6.000 vines per hectare.?The grapes are harvested by hand in small baskets and immediately pressed and separated from the stems. The grapes are collected in stainless steel tanks where fermentation takes place together with the marc (skins) at a temperature of 25 ° C. After 5 days the marc is pressed and the fermentation is completed in steel tanks.?After the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is placed in stainless steel tanks where the malolactic fermentation takes place on the lees (sur lie). The wine is ruby red, transparent with good consistency. On the nose, we perceive hints of red fruits, cherry and spices.?In the mouth, it is soft, fresh with elegant tannins, dry with a long finish.
List Price: $26.50
Quantity in Stock: 6add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Al Cantara Lu Veru Piaciri Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio - This wine is the result of our search for simplicity, the search for the simple things we need to escape the grind and toil of ...
- 2008 Al Cantara O'Scuru O'scuru Etna Rosso - A blend of the Two Nerellos Mascalesi and Cappuccio, a good amount of minerality here also along with a game like character to ...
- 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG - 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG ...
- 2012 Al Cantara La Fata Galanti Nerello Cappuccio - Nerello Cappuccio is the grape variety of this wine; traditionally this variety is blended together with the Nerello Mascalese ...
- 2012 Januik Chardonnay Cold Creek Vineyard - Fresh and fleshy, showing citrusy apple and spice flavors that dance lightly through the finish, lingering attentively. Drink n...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau La Nerthe Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Christophe Bristiel
Thu, Sep 21, 2017
Like a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape · I'm fine like wine when I start to rap · We need body rockin', not perfection...
Vintage California Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Fri, Sep 22, 2017
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink: Good wine - a friend - or being dry -...
Chateau Angelus and Chateau Haut Brion Collectors Cellar Tasting at WWWB
Tue, Sep 26, 2017
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you c...
Louis Jadot Burgundy Seminar with Kurt Eckert at WWWB
Wed, Sep 27, 2017
Great wines taste like they come from somewhere. Lesser wines taste interchangeable; they could come from anywhere. You ...
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Sep 28, 2017
John Bookwalter Wine Tasting at WWWB Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:30 PM Bookwalter Couplet White Columbia Valley...
Artadi El Pison Vertical Tasting with Carlos Lopez de Lacalle at WWWB
Fri, Sep 29, 2017
“Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” – Shakespeare Tonight w...
Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of bodegas Luzon
Sat, Sep 30, 2017
Luzan and Friends Spanish wine tasting and Jamon cutting lesson wtih Sergio Sabater, of Bodegas Luzon Satuday Septemb...
Urbani Truffle and Prunotto Winery at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Oct 4, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Leroy versus DRC Burgundy Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Oct 5, 2017
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
California Cult Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Oct 6, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.