Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2012 Al Cantara Muddichi di Suli Nerello Mascalese
This wine is a varietal of Nerello Mascalese in order to enhance the characteristics of this native grape of Etna.?The vineyard is located in the north slope of the volcano at an altitude of 650 meters above sea level. The volcanic soil is rich in minerals and structure. The vineyard is cultivated in espalier with a density of 6.000 vines per hectare.?The grapes are harvested by hand in small baskets and immediately pressed and separated from the stems. The grapes are collected in stainless steel tanks where fermentation takes place together with the marc (skins) at a temperature of 25 ° C. After 5 days the marc is pressed and the fermentation is completed in steel tanks.?After the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is placed in stainless steel tanks where the malolactic fermentation takes place on the lees (sur lie). The wine is ruby red, transparent with good consistency. On the nose, we perceive hints of red fruits, cherry and spices.?In the mouth, it is soft, fresh with elegant tannins, dry with a long finish.
List Price: $26.50
Quantity in Stock: 5add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Al Cantara Lu Veru Piaciri Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio - This wine is the result of our search for simplicity, the search for the simple things we need to escape the grind and toil of ...
- 2008 Al Cantara O'Scuru O'scuru Etna Rosso - A blend of the Two Nerellos Mascalesi and Cappuccio, a good amount of minerality here also along with a game like character to ...
- 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG - 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG ...
- 2012 Al Cantara La Fata Galanti Nerello Cappuccio - Nerello Cappuccio is the grape variety of this wine; traditionally this variety is blended together with the Nerello Mascalese ...
- 2012 Januik Chardonnay Cold Creek Vineyard - Fresh and fleshy, showing citrusy apple and spice flavors that dance lightly through the finish, lingering attentively. Drink n...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!