Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2012 Al Cantara Muddichi di Suli Nerello Mascalese
This wine is a varietal of Nerello Mascalese in order to enhance the characteristics of this native grape of Etna.?The vineyard is located in the north slope of the volcano at an altitude of 650 meters above sea level. The volcanic soil is rich in minerals and structure. The vineyard is cultivated in espalier with a density of 6.000 vines per hectare.?The grapes are harvested by hand in small baskets and immediately pressed and separated from the stems. The grapes are collected in stainless steel tanks where fermentation takes place together with the marc (skins) at a temperature of 25 ° C. After 5 days the marc is pressed and the fermentation is completed in steel tanks.?After the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is placed in stainless steel tanks where the malolactic fermentation takes place on the lees (sur lie). The wine is ruby red, transparent with good consistency. On the nose, we perceive hints of red fruits, cherry and spices.?In the mouth, it is soft, fresh with elegant tannins, dry with a long finish.
List Price: $26.50
Quantity in Stock: 5add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2012 Al Cantara Lu Veru Piaciri Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio - This wine is the result of our search for simplicity, the search for the simple things we need to escape the grind and toil of ...
- 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG - 2012 Avignonesi Vino Nobile Montepulciano DOCG ...
- 2012 Al Cantara La Fata Galanti Nerello Cappuccio - Nerello Cappuccio is the grape variety of this wine; traditionally this variety is blended together with the Nerello Mascalese ...
- 2012 Januik Chardonnay Cold Creek Vineyard - Fresh and fleshy, showing citrusy apple and spice flavors that dance lightly through the finish, lingering attentively. Drink n...
- 2014 Thierry et Pascale Matrot Bourgogne Blanc Chardonnay - Grape Variety: Chardonnay. Average age of the vines: 30 years. Pressing of the entire grapes in a pneumatic pre...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2017 Walnut Block Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Price: $16.00 A good amount of tropical fruit, passion fruit, kiwi, g...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...