Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2014 G Chateau Guiraud Bordeaux Blanc
The only make 150,000 bottles, this is 105 hectare estate and they are in the city between the Church and Chateau D'Yquem, this was the first growth to be classified and this means that the wine is from the region and it must be sweet and the appellation here is Bordeaux dry white wine because of the dryness and they do not have the Moilleux level but there is a minimum level of sweetness to a Sauternes 120 grams per liter. A lovely savory character to the palate with a good amount of fruit, melon, white grape fruit, quince, a gravelly mineral nuance, a rich texture on the tongue, good weight in the mid palate, and a lovely freshness to the finish a long mineral laced finish. A blend of 50/50 Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc they have specific parcels in the vineyard that are dedicated to making this dry wine, tart finish, could use a bit of time and shows much better on the second day, a great introduction to the dry whites of Sauternes! Finish 40+ Excellent (89-91 Points) "The G de Guiraud 2014 has quite a complex bouquet with lively citrus fruit intermixed with sea cave scents. There is something almost marine-like here. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, appreciable weight in the mouth with light green apple and spice notes emerging toward the finish. This is how to do dry white Sauternes." Reviewed April 2015 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate:
List Price: $23.50
Quantity in Stock: 1add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Ferrari Carano Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley - Ferrari-Carano Cabernet Sauvignon comes from mountain-grown fruit in Alexander Valley. Vibrant aromatics of cassis, mocha, drie...
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
- Paul Etienne Saint Germain Charme Grand Cru Brut Champagne NV - A blend of 75% Pinot Noir Montagne de Reims and 25% Chardonnay Cote des Blancs. Pear and quince like fruit almond, honey and w...
- 2012 Chateau Lilian Ladouys St Estephe - A big of a green vegetal note to the nose with cigar box spice some fresh earth and red currant berry fruit on the nose. This ...
- 2016 Hartford Court Chardonnay Russian River Valley - A rich bouquet of lemon drop candy and lightly toasted oak spice, notes of flan and apple blossom, crème brulee notes. Rich an...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
This Week’s menu at the Wine Bar Thursday July 19th – Saturday July 21st White Truffle Oil & Parmesan Dusted S...
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whose wine? what wine? where the hell did I dine!" Do You Fe...
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could hardly c...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 Menu 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena N...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...
Wine Bar is Open for Regular Service
Sat, Aug 11, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Qupe wine tasting with Special Guest Bob Lindquist
Wed, Aug 15, 2018
Stay tuned for more details about this event featuring one of the founding fathers of the Rhone movement in Southern Cali...