Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2014 G Chateau Guiraud Bordeaux Blanc
The only make 150,000 bottles, this is 105 hectare estate and they are in the city between the Church and Chateau D'Yquem, this was the first growth to be classified and this means that the wine is from the region and it must be sweet and the appellation here is Bordeaux dry white wine because of the dryness and they do not have the Moilleux level but there is a minimum level of sweetness to a Sauternes 120 grams per liter. A lovely savory character to the palate with a good amount of fruit, melon, white grape fruit, quince, a gravelly mineral nuance, a rich texture on the tongue, good weight in the mid palate, and a lovely freshness to the finish a long mineral laced finish. A blend of 50/50 Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc they have specific parcels in the vineyard that are dedicated to making this dry wine, tart finish, could use a bit of time and shows much better on the second day, a great introduction to the dry whites of Sauternes! Finish 40+ Excellent (89-91 Points) "The G de Guiraud 2014 has quite a complex bouquet with lively citrus fruit intermixed with sea cave scents. There is something almost marine-like here. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, appreciable weight in the mouth with light green apple and spice notes emerging toward the finish. This is how to do dry white Sauternes." Reviewed April 2015 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate:
List Price: $23.50
Not in Store: Available in 5 - 7 daysadd to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2014 Ferrari Carano Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley - Ferrari-Carano Cabernet Sauvignon comes from mountain-grown fruit in Alexander Valley. Vibrant aromatics of cassis, mocha, drie...
- NV Paul Etienne St. Germain Tradition Brut Champagne - GRAND CRU – BLANC DE BLANCS – 100% Chardonnay – Côte des Blancs ( Cramant, Avize ) BRUT – Sugar : 10,8 g/l – Harvest : 2008 Thi...
- Paul Etienne Saint Germain Charme Grand Cru Brut Champagne NV - A blend of 75% Pinot Noir Montagne de Reims and 25% Chardonnay Cote des Blancs. Pear and quince like fruit almond, honey and w...
- 2012 Chateau Lilian Ladouys St Estephe - A big of a green vegetal note to the nose with cigar box spice some fresh earth and red currant berry fruit on the nose. This ...
- 2016 Hartford Court Chardonnay Russian River Valley - A rich bouquet of lemon drop candy and lightly toasted oak spice, notes of flan and apple blossom, crème brulee notes. Rich an...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Wine Bar is CLOSED for a Private Event
Tue, May 22, 2018
2017 Walnut Block Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Price: $16.00 A good amount of tropical fruit, passion fruit, kiwi, g...
Chardonnay walk around White tasting- the first walk around tasting in the New Wine Watch
Thu, May 24, 2018
Getting to know wine is getting to know the world. More than just a complex and delicious drink, wine is history, ge...
1997 Versus 1998 Italian Tasting at WWWB
Fri, May 25, 2018
Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. Plautus We have another short week of ...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, May 26, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu!
Vintage White Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, May 31, 2018
I thank god for my children every day. Without them I’d never know how well red wine complements chicken nuggets. ...
1998 Vintage California Cabernet Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 1, 2018
"Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine. Made up my mind to make a new...
Wine Bar is OPEN for Regular Service
Sat, Jun 2, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu and By the Glass Selections
Grand Cru Monopole Burgundy Tasting
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Burgundy is simple in that there are only 2 grapes grown here, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay but there are over 600 vill...
2008 Vintage Blind Yasting- 10 year old Brown Bag Wine tasting at WWWB
Fri, Jun 8, 2018
This tasting is part of our 10 year old scientific reserch program where we are tasting wines from all over the world tha...
Braida di Giacomo Bologna Piedmont wine tasting at WWWB with special guest owner/export director Norbert Reinisch
Thu, Jun 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite producers from the Piedmont and they specialize in Barbera. We will be tasting through the ne...