Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2010 Donatella Cinelli Colombini Brunello di Montalcino Prime Donne
(93 points) Representing a special selection of fruit, the 2010 Brunello di Montalcino Prime Donne is a dark and well-extracted wine with dark tones of cherry and blackberry backed by leather, tobacco and tar. The fruit on display is sweet and plump and you definitely get a sense of the wine's youth and its potential to evolve. Donatella Cinelli Colombini has done a very good job of matching her bolder winemaking style to the high quality of fruit on display here. Plush endnotes of sweet spice, cinnamon and toasted vanilla give the wine an international twist. I found Prime Donne to be slightly less expressive than the base Brunello from the same vintage. The wine needs a little longer to open.
List Price: $90.00
Quantity in Stock: 19add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2006 Cuvee Numero 2 Denis Dubourdieu The Winemaker's Selection Medoc - (91 Points) There are 5,000 cases of the reasonably priced 2006 Cuvee Numero 2. A classic Bordeaux, it exhibits a deep ruby/pur...
- 2012 Mas Doix Salanques Priorat - (92 Points) "Even the entry-level red is produced with the fruit of very old and low-yielding vines (except the French varietie...
- 2013 Wayfarer Pinot Noir Wayfarer Vineyard - Estate blend 800 cases contains every clone in the vineyard. Beautiful nose of exotic spice rose petals cher...
- 2012 Casa Lapostolle Clos Apalta - A blend of Carmenère, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. This is one of the iconic wines of Chile and has an incredible bouquet of ...
- 2014 Orin Swift Papillon Red Napa - BA vibrant crimson is present in the glass with a claret fringe on the rim. Luring aromas of currants, mulled blackberries, Fre...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
End of the Summer Rose Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Aug 19, 2017
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most peopl...
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
"It's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right? It's, uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you ...
Ca Del Bosco Franciacorta Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 24, 2017
"I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine ...
1996 Vintage Burgundy tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 25, 2017
"[The senior partner] sipped [the French wine grower's Burgundy], rolled it round his tongued and swallowed it whi...
Wine and Food Pairing Night the Best of the Best last night of Summer
Sat, Aug 26, 2017
Tonight we have a special pairing menu and some large bottles to celebrate the end of August 2017.
Washington State Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 30, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event
2013 Barolo Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Sep 2, 2017
This is the latest release from my favorite wine region on Earth and the 2013's are being touted as the next GREAT vintag...
Vintage Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting at Wine Watch
Sat, Sep 9, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
New Zealand Tasting At Wine Watch Wine Bar
Wed, Sep 13, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.
Marchesi Di Barolo Dinner at WWWB with special guest Valentina Abbona
Thu, Sep 14, 2017
"Wine is dead." - Aimé Guibert Who is this person Aime Guibert and to start such a horrible rumor!! There should be ...