Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2010 Donatella Cinelli Colombini Brunello di Montalcino Prime Donne
(93 points) Representing a special selection of fruit, the 2010 Brunello di Montalcino Prime Donne is a dark and well-extracted wine with dark tones of cherry and blackberry backed by leather, tobacco and tar. The fruit on display is sweet and plump and you definitely get a sense of the wine's youth and its potential to evolve. Donatella Cinelli Colombini has done a very good job of matching her bolder winemaking style to the high quality of fruit on display here. Plush endnotes of sweet spice, cinnamon and toasted vanilla give the wine an international twist. I found Prime Donne to be slightly less expressive than the base Brunello from the same vintage. The wine needs a little longer to open.
List Price: $90.00
Quantity in Stock: 19add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2006 Cuvee Numero 2 Denis Dubourdieu The Winemaker's Selection Medoc - (91 Points) There are 5,000 cases of the reasonably priced 2006 Cuvee Numero 2. A classic Bordeaux, it exhibits a deep ruby/pur...
- 2012 Mas Doix Salanques Priorat - (92 Points) "Even the entry-level red is produced with the fruit of very old and low-yielding vines (except the French varietie...
- 2014 Paul Hobbs Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - A blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot. Dark crimson in color, the nose is perfumed with luxur...
- 2013 Wayfarer Pinot Noir Wayfarer Vineyard - Estate blend 800 cases contains every clone in the vineyard. Beautiful nose of exotic spice rose petals cher...
- 2010 Valdicava Brunello di Montalcino - (99 points) Absolutely stunning aromas of nectarine, orange peel, sweet black cherry, plums and flowers. Licorice and mushroom...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Chateau Angelus Collectors Wine Tasting at WWWB with Special Guest Hubert de Bouard
Thu, Jan 18, 2018
"It wasn't always like this. Before Paris, people didn't drink our wine. I mean, my friends did. But you could ...
The Biggest Wine Tasting of the Year Wine Watch's Best of 2017 tasting at the new WWWB
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
You don't want to miss the 35 year party that is "Best of 2017" - Trust me don't ask the price, just make your reservatio...
Vintage Madeira Part II almost 200 years of the magical elixir at WWWB
Sat, Jan 20, 2018
"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial....
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
1999 Pelissero Barbaresco Annata Price: $87.50 Your Price: $77.00 Quantity in Stock: 6 (93 Points) A dark, powe...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
DF Clos des Prouges Chablis Fourchaume Chablis Blanchots Beaune Greves Le Clos Bland Puligny Montrachet La Ga...
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm