Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2007 Castello di Fonterutoli Siepi Vino da Tavola
(94 Points) The 2007 Siepi is a Sangiovese/Merlot blend that spent roughly 18 months in French oak prior to being bottled. Dark ripe fruit, chocolate, new leather and scorched earth come together beautifully in this dark, weighty Siepi. Once again, I am struck by the purity and definition of the fruit, a hallmark of the best 2007s. The density and richness follows through with authority to the engaging, finessed finish. This is one of the finest Siepis I have ever tasted. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2027.
With one exception, I was blown away by the wines I tasted from Fonterutoli, the Mazzei family’s historic Tuscan property. Proprietor Filippo Mazzei and his team led by consulting oenologist Carlo Ferrini have done a terrific job with most of these wines. Wine Advocate #191, Oct 2010
List Price: $116.25
Quantity in Stock: 9add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2010 Fontodi Chianti Riserva Vigne de Sorbo - (95 Points) The 2010 Chianti Classico Riserva Vigna del Sorbo is a timeless expression that embraces all the canons of great wi...
- 2010 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Le Vigne - (96 Points) The 2010 Barolo Le Vigne is composed from an assembly of fruit sourced from the townships of Barolo, Novello and Se...
- 2014 Darioush Signature Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - ... ...
- 2010 Mazzei Tenuta Belguardo Maremma Toscana - Made with Cabernet Sauvignon and a small percentage of Cabernet Franc grapes, this powerful and elegant wine is the most import...
- 2005 Chateau Pavie Decesse St. Emilion - As it did in 2000 and 2003, this tiny garagiste estate (just over 8 acres) owned by Chantal and Gerard Perse has produced a mon...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Palazzo Winery Wine Tasting at WWWB with special guest Scott Palazzo
Wed, Jan 24, 2018
"To make a great wine one needs a madman to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make the win...
Bruno Giacosa Wine Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jan 25, 2018
“Bruno Giacosa…is a quiet and dignified winemaking genius in Neive … the least promotion-conscious winemaker in Ital...
Bordeaux Legends - Vintage Bordeaux Tasting going back to 1919 at WWWB
Fri, Jan 26, 2018
The Wines of Bordeaux give tone to the stomach, while leaving the mouth fresh and the head clear. More than one inv...
Sine Qua Non Tasting at WWWB
Sat, Jan 27, 2018
"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled i...
Giorgio Pelissero at WWWB
Mon, Jan 29, 2018
"I'm like old wine. They don't bring me out very often, but I'm well preserved." - Rose Kennedy, on her 100th birthd...
Louis Jadot Seminar
Tue, Jan 30, 2018
New Cali Cult Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Feb 1, 2018
New California Cult Wines Thursday February 1st 7:30pm
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical tasting back to the Epic 1961 vintage!
Fri, Feb 2, 2018
1955 Mouton 1961 Mouton 1970 Mouton 1982 Mouton 1995 Mouton
Sebastian Nasello winemaker from Ripi Brunello di Montalcino at WWWB
Sat, Feb 3, 2018
Stay tuned for more info on this event!
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque
Thu, Feb 8, 2018
Kathryn Hall Wine Dinner with Special Guest winemaker Steve Leveque Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:30 PM Hall Sauvigno...