Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
2007 Castello di Fonterutoli Siepi Vino da Tavola
(94 Points) The 2007 Siepi is a Sangiovese/Merlot blend that spent roughly 18 months in French oak prior to being bottled. Dark ripe fruit, chocolate, new leather and scorched earth come together beautifully in this dark, weighty Siepi. Once again, I am struck by the purity and definition of the fruit, a hallmark of the best 2007s. The density and richness follows through with authority to the engaging, finessed finish. This is one of the finest Siepis I have ever tasted. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2027.
With one exception, I was blown away by the wines I tasted from Fonterutoli, the Mazzei family’s historic Tuscan property. Proprietor Filippo Mazzei and his team led by consulting oenologist Carlo Ferrini have done a terrific job with most of these wines. Wine Advocate #191, Oct 2010
List Price: $116.25
Quantity in Stock: 9add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2010 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis Barolo - (97 Points) The single-vineyard 2010 Barolo Cannubi Boschis speaks in confident tones at high volumes. First produced in 1985, ...
- 2010 Fontodi Chianti Riserva Vigne de Sorbo - (95 Points) The 2010 Chianti Classico Riserva Vigna del Sorbo is a timeless expression that embraces all the canons of great wi...
- 2010 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Le Vigne - (96 Points) The 2010 Barolo Le Vigne is composed from an assembly of fruit sourced from the townships of Barolo, Novello and Se...
- 2014 Darioush Signature Cabernet Sauvignon Napa - ... ...
- 2010 Mazzei Tenuta Belguardo Maremma Toscana - Made with Cabernet Sauvignon and a small percentage of Cabernet Franc grapes, this powerful and elegant wine is the most import...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
1997 Vintage Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 3, 2017
“History’s lessons drowned in red wine” Children’s Crusade by Sting I’M GOING TO KEEP THIS SHORT...
Chilean Wine Tasting at WWWB
Fri, Aug 4, 2017
“There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” ― Josh Stern I gue...
Magnum Party at WWWB
Sat, Aug 5, 2017
"Drinking is like pouring smiles on your brain." Chris Hardwick This is another in the series of events that we ...
Argentina Wine Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 9, 2017
Twenty One Wines - Argentina Cuvelier Collection cuvelier Grand Vin Cuvelier Perlita malbec Diamandes Chard...
Super Syrah Tasting at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Thu, Aug 10, 2017
This tasting is part of the extensive research that we are doing here at the Wine Watch. Tonight we are testing o...
Meursault Study at Wine Watch Wine Bar
Fri, Aug 11, 2017
Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don't starve myself in an extremist way. You'...
Riesling and Syrah wine pairing night at WWWB
Sat, Aug 12, 2017
stay tuned for more info on this event.
Aubert Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 16, 2017
Aubert Wine Tasting at WWWB Wednesday, August 16th 7:30pm 2012 Aubert Chardonnay Lauren Vineyard Price:...
A Study in Paullac
Fri, Aug 18, 2017
One of Bordeaux’s top critics Hugh Johnson has said, "If one had to single out one commune of Bordeaux to head the list,...
The Ultimate Oregon Pinot Noir Tasting at WWWB
Wed, Aug 23, 2017
Stay tuned for more info on this event.