Wine Bar Selections
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine By the Glass
Argentina Malbec/Red Blends
Tempranillo/Reds from Spain
Grenache/Other Rhone Varietals/Blends
Other Domestic whites Pinot Blanc Chenin Etc
Southern Italian Reds
1999 Canalicchio Di Sopra Brunello Di Montalcino Riserva
(94 Points) The 1999 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva made a terrific showing thanks to its all-embracing personality. There’s a real sense of abundance and generosity here that starts with the wine’s richly textured mouthfeel and darkly concentrated appearance. The aromas have certainly moved into the third and final stage of their evolution with smoked bacon and saddle bag but there’s enough pressed fruit and crushed flower to keep it from feeling one-dimensional. The mouthfeel is lean and elegant with surprising focus and clarity. Decant the wine three to four hours prior to serving. Drink: 2014-2028. Wine Advocate #211, Feb 2014
List Price: $195.00
Quantity in Stock: 4add to cart continue shopping
Customers who bought this also bought:
- 2004 Moschioni Refosco Friuli - Wine Watch Review: Wow lots of concetration on the nose rich ripe black cherry blackberry fruit inscence spice and toasty with ...
- 2004 Oddero Vigna Rionda Barolo - ... 100% Nebbiolo Vineyard Location: Serralunga d’Alba Plot 8, Sub-plots 335, 75/c Characterist...
- Canalicchio Di Sopra Brunello Di Montalcino 1999 - Fresh earth/mineral aromas with notes of anise and leather to compliment the black cherry and black plum fruit on the nose. Mea...
- 1995 Canalicchio Di Sopra Riserva Brunello Di Montalcino - A classic example of Brunello with soft smooth tannins, this wine is now fully evolved with the classic black tar and truffle a...
- 1999 Fontodi Flaccianello - (92 points) Made from 100% Sangiovese and aged 12 months in French oak, the 1999 Flaccianello is immensely impressive. Its opaq...
Your shopping cart is empty!
Wine Watch Events
Rose Wine tasting at WWWB
Thu, Jul 19, 2018
"Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they're phonies." - Bette Davis Hey, most pe...
Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - I know its summer but we drink Cabernet Sauvignon Year Round here
Fri, Jul 20, 2018
volker-eisele cabernet 2013 Price: $60.00 volker-eisele terzetto 2014 Price: $82.50 volker-...
Wine Bar is open for regular service
Sat, Jul 21, 2018
Stay tuned for this weeks menu
Ramey Wine Tasting with Special Guest George Staikos
Thu, Jul 26, 2018
Stay Tuned for more info on this event.
Penfolds Grange Collectors tasting with Special Guest Global Ambassador Ewan Proctor
Fri, Jul 27, 2018
This is our annual event to showcase the latest release of Penfolds Grange the iconic Shiraz of South Australia and one o...
Wine Bar Open for Regular Service
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
Stay Tuned for this weeks menu!
A study in Riesling Wine Tasting featuring JJ Prum and friends
Sat, Jul 28, 2018
A few of the wines included in this tasting. 2016 JJ Prum Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Price: $31.50 You...
Charles Krug Wine Tasting with Special Guest Peter Mondavi Jr. at Wine Watch
Tue, Aug 7, 2018
Charles Krug Tasting at WWWB Tuesday, August 7th 2018 2017 Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc St. Helena Napa Vall...
Christom Winery Tasting at WWWB
Thu, Aug 9, 2018
Stay tuned for more info about this event featuring one of the brightest stars of the Willamette Valley.
Oregon Wine Tasting featuring Kelly Fox and friends
Fri, Aug 10, 2018
kelley fox ahurani 2016 kelley fox maresh vyd. 2016 kelley fox momtazi vyd. 2015 kelley ...